• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2013 Boston Red Sox

PoppDRRT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started today in a good mood. It's the real opening day. The Sox meet Detroit, in Detroit and although I'm not there, I can watch from the comfort of home without having to experience the post-apocalyptic atmosphere the Detroit provides it's citizens. Say what you will about my beloved Sox, their fans, and Boston. I don't care, we've probably earned all the malice you can provide.
Now, I cancelled my cable because I was tired of the feeling of **** I had every time I looked at the bill. It was absurd to have to pay that much for something I rarely use. My Xbox, tablet, and internet can provide me with all the entertainment I need. Movies, TV, everything is available, only a "click" away.
Enter NESN. The DEVIL, the most evil corporation since the ficticious Umbrella of Resident Evil fame. These douchebags have managed to secure the only rights to Red Sox games. I have no idea why I forgot this. I cannot watch my team play during the regular season because these mammoth succubi have denied MLB.tv, ESPN, and any other entertainment group the right to show the team play.
I may have a stroke, heart attack, and homicidal episode all at once.
**** NESN

That unpleasant aside, the name of the thread is 2012 Boston Red Sox. With Bobby V taking over any thoughts?

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Patriots' Day because the game starts at 11:00am.

herfitup

Reaction score
I started today in a good mood. It's the real opening day. The Sox meet Detroit, in Detroit and although I'm not there, I can watch from the comfort of home without having to experience the post-apocalyptic atmosphere the Detroit provides it's citizens. Say what you will about my beloved Sox, their fans, and Boston. I don't care, we've probably earned all the malice you can provide.
Now, I cancelled my cable because I was tired of the feeling of **** I had every time I looked at the bill. It was absurd to have to pay that much for something I rarely use. My Xbox, tablet, and internet can provide me with all the entertainment I need. Movies, TV, everything is available, only a "click" away.
Enter NESN. The DEVIL, the most evil corporation since the ficticious Umbrella of Resident Evil fame. These douchebags have managed to secure the only rights to Red Sox games. I have no idea why I forgot this. I cannot watch my team play during the regular season because these mammoth succubi have denied MLB.tv, ESPN, and any other entertainment group the right to show the team play.
I may have a stroke, heart attack, and homicidal episode all at once.
**** NESN
That unpleasant aside, the name of the thread is 2012 Boston Red Sox. With Bobby V taking over any thoughts?

You are aware the NESN is owned by the Red Sox and the Bruins. How do you think they got the broadcast rights? You have no one to blame but the home team.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, FFS, why is there always some tool who thinks their team deserves its own thread despite the fact that there's already a thriving thread discussing that team's sport?

Moreover, why does tool always seem to be a fan of either the Red Sox, the Yankees, or Notre Dame?

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** the Sox and **** Boston sports fans. Bunch of bandwagonning yuppies.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score

Oh, FFS, why is there always some tool who thinks their team deserves its own thread despite the fact that there's already a thriving thread discussing that team's sport?
Moreover, why does tool always seem to be a fan of either the Red Sox, the Yankees, or Notre Dame?

Perhaps it will die a quick natural death. I can make this happen...

PoppDRRT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*sigh*
I expected the **** talk. I expected the hate. But seriously, could you at least read more than the title? Admittedly the thread name is deceiving. I suppose I should have said "petty bitching about cable carriers".
Ah well. Drink bleach fuckwads. Go SOX

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Plus One

PoppDRRT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No worries. There's always thin-lipped **** bags who will complain about hometown and home team pride, it's because of patience that a man like me can tolerate filth like yourselves. Have a great day!

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
After last year's debacle you might like a new year title.

What's up with Papi?

He and Lincecum are my favorite MLB players. I have the possibility of keeping either or both in my fantasy league.

I'm inclined to keep Papi if he's healthy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads