1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

2012 Resolutions

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Piobaire, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Teger

Teger Senior member

a root canal and some fillings :fu: but it will be done soon

2. otc

otc Senior member

And then maybe lcd panel manufacturers will go back to making various shapes/sizes/resolutions to optimally fit specific applications rather than trying to force a 1080p 16:9 display into every damn display

3. gort

gort Senior member

Stop eating a copious amount of junk food if I get drunk. I am all about the gluttony if I get sauced then the next week I am regretting it.

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

looks like we all have similar resolutions. i'm not big on new year's resolutions, but there are some reasons why i really need to set goals and a timeline for achieving them.

had my physical late last year and did not like what i heard AT ALL. in 2011, for the first time in my life, i did not exercise at all and my eating habits deteriorated. therefore:

• lose 20 lbs (already lost 8 since Jan 1)
    • work out at least 3-4 times a week. no exceptions
    • my body is my temple. cut out red meat and alcohol for at least the next 3 months, and only sparingly after that. i had a nutritionist draw me up a plan and i'm sticking with it

financially

• stop being so risk averse and passing on great investing opportunities. swing for the fences with amounts that it wouldn't kill me to completely lose.
    • turn my hobby money into investing money. i have enough suits, pants, shoes, outerwear, etc (blasphemy!)

personally

• just stop caring about the bullshit at work that stresses me out. i'm going to do my work and make the decisions i'm paid to make. i have a job where i tend to get second guessed a lot so i am going to just start telling people to fuck off
    • have sex at least 5 times a week :D

5. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

how do you like budenbrooks?

6. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I've done pretty well at hitting my goals for the past few years, so I am happy with that. for the past few years I have been trying to get our house organized, and I think that we were able to get that done by new years (this past). I've been trying, in parallel, to get a better handle on our budget, and I hope that this year I will be able to keep the house neat, while feeling that we are totally on top of our budget. that would thrill me.

I am still trying to loose a little more weight, but that is on target, I've slowed down on my weight loss, but not gone backwards or stopped loosing altogether.

7. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

50% to my weight target already. The savings target is a bloody mess though since I'm trying to get my expenses paid at work.

8. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Try to spend under 200 pounds on clothes this year because I just bought a new house...

My clothing budget has been decimated

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Yep. Congratulations on the house, though!

10. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

+1, house > clothes (forgive me styleforum)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Brothers in heresy, untie!

12. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

It only took me 10 years to break the habit...

When I look at my wardrobe , i just want to cry...

I have shoes and suits for decades to come..