2012/13 College Basketball Season

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by tullytra, Nov 9, 2012.

1. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

A couple good games today with Kansas-Ohio State and Illinois-Mizzou. Illinois should probably win their game, and Kansas seems like a toss-up. Winthrop the other day may have been a look-ahead for Ohio State, but it still isn't comforting for them. Syracuse is really laying an egg to start the second half.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

There were some really good bball games yesterday: Loiusville/Syracuse, Michigan State/Ohio State, and Butler/Gonzaga. Other good ones, too, but those are the ones I watched.

3. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

For as low-scoring as MSU-OSU was yesterday it was really entertaining. DeShaun Thomas was excellent. I imagine that the OSU kid at the end forgot about there being a bunch of time left, but I have no idea how OSU didn't have the ball in Thomas's hands. It seemed so obvious that he was the only option, and I don't think they would've tried to outsmart anyone with as much as he'd done. It's going to be quite the race in the Big 10. I think there'll be a couple of teams with 4 losses to end it, and 3 should definitely win it outright.

4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Yeah the Big 10 is going to be great to watch in February. Lots of good teams.

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

VCU looking good. The win over St. Joseph's was incredible.

6. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Ole Miss and Miami are on top of the SEC and ACC respectively. Wow. Miami just CRUSHED Duke.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013

7. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

And Michigan State in the Big 10 :nodding: Sunday with IU-MSU should be excellent. If Zeller isn't getting calls down low it could turn out well for the good guys.

8. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Just leaving this here... Go Panthers!

[​IMG]

9. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

State put on a clinic last night against U of M. I had a feeling that they would win a close one, but I never thought they'd be up 30 in the game. Burke will always get his, but they did a nice job limiting everyone else. Hardaway was the most experienced player on the floor for them at the start, yet he couldn't do a thing for the first half (basically the game as well). My FF picks from the beginning are junk now, but the only one I truly care about looks to be in play :D

10. swansongkalia

swansongkalia Member

UW/OSU
    game a few days ago. Was pretty good but
    UW's center Aziz N'Diaye really needs work.
    Couple of bogus calls too

11. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

A good game between Indiana and Michigan State tonight.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Did anyone else know the University of Miami is the best basketball team in the nation? Because I SURE AS FUCK DIDN'T.

13. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

It was too easy on offense for Indiana in the first half. State tightened it up in the second. Every time I looked up at the scoreboard it seemed like IU should've been leading by a lot more than they were. State didn't get to the rim in the first half, and they paid for it. Zeller got to take practice jumpers when Nix wouldn't leave the ground. It's too bad that guards' free throws let State down at the end: Appling's front-end miss was a killer. I'm hoping IU slips up somewhere and State wins out to get a share of the regular season title. It'd be cheap since IU swept them, but it'd still be a nice accomplishment with how strong the Big 10 is this year.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Just discovered this thread.

Sigh

15. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Makes the MSU loss to them in the B1G/ACC challenge not look so bad.

I'll bet that if they become a 1 seed in the tourney, they'll be the first 1 out.