• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2012/13 College Basketball Season

tullytra

Reaction score
A couple good games today with Kansas-Ohio State and Illinois-Mizzou. Illinois should probably win their game, and Kansas seems like a toss-up. Winthrop the other day may have been a look-ahead for Ohio State, but it still isn't comforting for them. Syracuse is really laying an egg to start the second half.

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There were some really good bball games yesterday: Loiusville/Syracuse, Michigan State/Ohio State, and Butler/Gonzaga. Other good ones, too, but those are the ones I watched.

tullytra

Reaction score
For as low-scoring as MSU-OSU was yesterday it was really entertaining. DeShaun Thomas was excellent. I imagine that the OSU kid at the end forgot about there being a bunch of time left, but I have no idea how OSU didn't have the ball in Thomas's hands. It seemed so obvious that he was the only option, and I don't think they would've tried to outsmart anyone with as much as he'd done. It's going to be quite the race in the Big 10. I think there'll be a couple of teams with 4 losses to end it, and 3 should definitely win it outright.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

For as low-scoring as MSU-OSU was yesterday it was really entertaining. DeShaun Thomas was excellent. I imagine that the OSU kid at the end forgot about there being a bunch of time left, but I have no idea how OSU didn't have the ball in Thomas's hands. It seemed so obvious that he was the only option, and I don't think they would've tried to outsmart anyone with as much as he'd done. It's going to be quite the race in the Big 10. I think there'll be a couple of teams with 4 losses to end it, and 3 should definitely win it outright.
Yeah the Big 10 is going to be great to watch in February. Lots of good teams.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
VCU looking good. The win over St. Joseph's was incredible.

tullytra

Reaction score
And Michigan State in the Big 10 :nodding: Sunday with IU-MSU should be excellent. If Zeller isn't getting calls down low it could turn out well for the good guys.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just leaving this here... Go Panthers!

tullytra

Reaction score
State put on a clinic last night against U of M. I had a feeling that they would win a close one, but I never thought they'd be up 30 in the game. Burke will always get his, but they did a nice job limiting everyone else. Hardaway was the most experienced player on the floor for them at the start, yet he couldn't do a thing for the first half (basically the game as well). My FF picks from the beginning are junk now, but the only one I truly care about looks to be in play :D

swansongkalia

Reaction score
UW/OSU
game a few days ago. Was pretty good but
UW's center Aziz N'Diaye really needs work.
Couple of bogus calls too

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A good game between Indiana and Michigan State tonight.

tullytra

Reaction score

A good game between Indiana and Michigan State tonight.

It was too easy on offense for Indiana in the first half. State tightened it up in the second. Every time I looked up at the scoreboard it seemed like IU should've been leading by a lot more than they were. State didn't get to the rim in the first half, and they paid for it. Zeller got to take practice jumpers when Nix wouldn't leave the ground. It's too bad that guards' free throws let State down at the end: Appling's front-end miss was a killer. I'm hoping IU slips up somewhere and State wins out to get a share of the regular season title. It'd be cheap since IU swept them, but it'd still be a nice accomplishment with how strong the Big 10 is this year.

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was too easy on offense for Indiana in the first half. State tightened it up in the second. Every time I looked up at the scoreboard it seemed like IU should've been leading by a lot more than they were. State didn't get to the rim in the first half, and they paid for it. Zeller got to take practice jumpers when Nix wouldn't leave the ground. It's too bad that guards' free throws let State down at the end: Appling's front-end miss was a killer. I'm hoping IU slips up somewhere and State wins out to get a share of the regular season title. It'd be cheap since IU swept them, but it'd still be a nice accomplishment with how strong the Big 10 is this year.

Just discovered this thread.

Sigh

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did anyone else know the University of Miami is the best basketball team in the nation? Because I SURE AS **** DIDN'T.

Makes the MSU loss to them in the B1G/ACC challenge not look so bad.

I'll bet that if they become a 1 seed in the tourney, they'll be the first 1 out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads