• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2011 Super 15 Threads (Rugby Union)

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, the new season is almost here, and despite the unusual scheduling due to the 2011 RWC, it should be a cracker!

SMH's 15 players to watch (selected by my old celebrity coach, the great M. Burke)

1. Adam Ashley-Cooper (ACT Brumbies)
adam_ashley_cooper-600x400.jpg

2. Kurtley Beale (NSW Waratahs)
kurtley_beale-600x400.jpg

3. Andries Bekker (Stormers)
andries_bekker-600x400.jpg

4. Heinrich Brussow (Cheetahs)
heinrich_brussow-600x400.jpg

5. Bismarck Du Plessis (Sharks)
bismarck_du_plessis-600x400.jpg

6. Jaque Fourie (Stormers)
jaque_fourie-600x400.jpg

7. Scott Higginbotham (Queensland Reds)
scott_higginbotham-600x400.jpg

8. Jerome Kaino (Blues)
jerome_kaino-600x400.jpg

9. James O'Connor (Force) - The baby faced assassin
james_oconnor-600x400.jpg

10. David Pocock (Force)
david_pocock-600x400.jpg

11. Sitiveni Sivivatu (Chiefs)
sitiveni_sivivatu-600x400.jpg

12. Pierre Spies (Bulls) - My pick
pierre_spies-600x400.jpg

13. Brad Thorn (Crusaders)
brad_thorn-600x400.jpg

14. Piri Weepu (Hurricanes)
piri_weepu-600x400.jpg

15. $$$onny Bill Williams (Crusaders) - I dont care how good he goes, he's a chump!
sonny_bill_williams-600x400.jpg

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ quite an impressive list can't wait for Friday night kick off. KB and O'Connor will be ones to watch but Higginbotham played like a dynamo for the Reds last year, should be in the Wallabies starting 15. Still I don't see any Australian props mentioned in this list. Need a bit of development in this department.

As for money bill williams well that is something of a work in progress. Be interesting to see how he performs at this level.

my son and I have Brumbies season tickets should be a great year.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robbie Fruean also at Canterbury in 13. IMO, better than SBW. runs good, straight lines. Big and fast, and can actually tackle in a drift defence.

Robbie+Fruean+ITM+Cup+Rd+6+Canterbury+v+Bay+p-TaN53OctCl.jpg

Lowly Public Servant

Reaction score
Awesome.

I also have Brumbies season tickets.

I'm looking forward to a great season and a fantastic world cup.

LPS
smile.gif

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well its Friday afternoon the fridge has sufficient beer for a night of Rugby, the pizza makings are ready. And the games kick off at 5.30 ESDT I wonder how the Horrortah's will fare this year. Are their fans in for another year of sufferance? Just so long as KB plays at top gear I will be happy.

And yes if the weather holds its going to be a good night at Canberra Stadium tomorrow night and there is also the Blues V Crusaders game on. Wahoo life is back to normal.

Hey Lowly Public Servant which bay do you sit in or are you in the Gods?

Lowly Public Servant

Reaction score
G'day Geoffrey Firman.

I am not sure which bay right now as I don't yet have the ticket in my possession but I do know that I will be up pretty high. Apparently not as high as last year but I am going to pack my own oxygen for the journey up the steps.

Pity that the Rebels got beaten by so much last night. Not the best way for a team to enter into the competition. Hopefully they find their feet in the next couple of games and get a win on the board.

LPS
smile.gif

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lowly Public Servant
G'day Geoffrey Firman.

I am not sure which bay right now as I don't yet have the ticket in my possession but I do know that I will be up pretty high. Apparently not as high as last year but I am going to pack my own oxygen for the journey up the steps.

Pity that the Rebels got beaten by so much last night. Not the best way for a team to enter into the competition. Hopefully they find their feet in the next couple of games and get a win on the board.

LPS
smile.gif

LPS greetings

When we first moved to Canberra my son and I went we were in A row Bay 76 on the Western side between the halfway line and 22. It was great after watching all the games on the box for the past eight years. Last year we shifted back a bit to G row, get a better perspective on the games.

Yes shame about the Rebels, the Brumbies play them next week in Melbourne, can see the potential in the side they just have to get their combinations and timing right. Mind you the second half coverage by Fox was shite, the signal in our area kept breaking up. The Force and Reds should be a good way to finish the weekend. Didn't think much of the Canes Highlanders match. Hope that its an indicator of how NZ will play this year.

cheers

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crusaders losing, Tahs winner.. Good start to the season!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads