2011 Rugby World Cup

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by hendrix, Sep 7, 2011.

1. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Yeah I thought Cooper might be subbed he was having such a poor game. Who's Aussie's backup 10?

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

How SA has lost that game???

An offside pass , a missed drop goal , a high tackle missed by the referee, a hand in the ruck by the Aussie...

That's crazy....

Quade Cooper is reminding me of Michalak...

Brilliant one minute ,awful the next..

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011

3. meister

meister Senior member

Mate you guys don't have the Hugo Portas and Pichots anymore and you gotta get yourself some new boys out on the pampas. But when you guys go into the Four Nations your rugby will dramatically improve. You will see all the big gaucho boys that play in the amateurs step up to the Plate (so to speak!). Then we will see a new top level nation arise in Rugby. Have heart amigo!

Re the ABs ...they may be up for a choke again but then playing at home....?????

You would have to say that with a better performance next week the Wallabies will win.

4. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Being a former mental health worker I can see a lot of opportunities for work opening up in NZ after the coming AB V Wallabies game. A nation devastated might have to call in the UN for emergency mental health assistance.:D

Cooper is a big worry, he lost it at crucial parts of the game, but thankfully others took up the slack and as the for the Pumas they kept the blacks out till the 68th minute. Which is an accomplishment, I hope that Sundays game is not decided on penalties.

I can sit back today as its a public holiday in Canberra, relax and watch the replays of all the quarter finals on cable and the rest of the week is a a bit of a rugby feast with pervious RWC and Internationals showing all week on the box.
    Now just to sit back and relax read the prognostications of the press and wait for Sunday.

In those eloquent words "Bring It On" Cant wait and the Wales V France will be a cracker of a game.

My tip for the final Wallabies V Wales, come home Bill we miss you and welcome you back with open arms.

5. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

What game were you watching? Australia was absolutely robbed in every aspect
    Talk about inconsistency, did anyone see our straight line-out called not in straight? Or Quades knocked back that they called knocked on?

6. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

Have a cry, what about our missed conversion? The SA player kept running straight instead of retreating which automatically results in a second attempt. You were lucky to not lose by more

7. AGPi

AGPi Senior member

Barnes can play 10, and he's in form too. Cooper can outright lose you the game. Not sure he's worth the risk if you have Ioane, Beale, and O'Connor in the backline. But I don't think Deans will replace Cooper this late in the day, and it looks like Barnes will come in for McCabe at inside centre.

The Wallabies vs AB is a tough match to pick. AB are far from their best, and in worse shape than they were in Brisbane, but they will surely lift. So will the Aussies. Probably the ref will decide who wins.

8. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

In general Bryce was pretty good, but the Aussies got away with a couple of crucial penalties. That first one right on their line when someone (Pocock? Holwill?) didn't release the tackled player and then pulled the ball onto the other side and Aus escaped. Should've been a yellow card for cynical play like that.
    Also there was the missed high tackle leading to the turnover in the maul.

i've got no bone in this fight but Aus were definitely not hard done by and probably a bit lucky really.

also, the not straight linout was clearly not straight. don't know how you could argue otherwise.

The captain should've asked for a second attempt if he felt that was the case. There's nothing to say he would've kicked it over anyway. It's not like the player actually did anything to O'connor.

Again, I have no bone in this but any team who wins a match with 20% territory and 35% possession has got to consider themselves lucky.

9. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I wouldn't take him out now, but if it's clear he's having a bad game get him out of there by the 50th minute.

10. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

this is currently circulating on facebook throughout NZ:

[​IMG]

11. anginaprinzmetal

anginaprinzmetal Senior member

^ he is currently the best scrum half around, period

12. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

13. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

hmmm I think Will Genia is a more complete player.

ireland's halfback has a beautiful pass.

Also Kahn Fotuali'i from Samoa was fantastic.

But yes, Weepu is a fantastic reader of the game and good playmaker. Just someone you'd want to have on the field, so calm.

14. anginaprinzmetal

anginaprinzmetal Senior member

that's what I mean. He is not spectacular, it's just a solid player who knows how to take advantage of the other teams weaknesses, can read the game better than any other men in the field and is a good kicker.

15. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

pretty much. Apparently his family doesn't watch him play, they're more interested in rugby league. Maybe that's why he doesn't seem to succumb to pressure.

Aaron Cruden vs Quade Cooper will be fascinating.
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Actually, it's pretty much Hurricanes backline. Weepu, Cruden, Nonu, Smith, Jane and maybe even Gear if he gets the callup.

McCaw has faded a bit but we still have better forwards bar Pocock. Maybe we can do it.