• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

2011 KOP List

bare bodkin

Reaction score
I'd really like to get a quality Fair Isle knit but can never manage to pull the trigger.

Nobunny

Reaction score
2-3k is nothing. I'm a student, and was unemployed for half this year, but my kopping budget probably has summed up to 10-11k with one more month to go.

A nice leather jacket ( TOJ DR, Acne Theo or Belstaff Panther )
Some nice black boots ( Augusta or Guidi if I stumble across some in my size )
A sportscoat for SS.. possibly two if I can afford it.
Two nice trousers for SS...
A new pair of Dior jeans
2 MTM Eton shirs for SS
2 rtw shirts for SS
3-4 shorts
1 pair of black monk straps.. Thinking C&J
1 pair of loafers
1 pair of sebago docksides
1 pair of low CPs for loafing around
A grey flanell suit when autumn strikes
Some nice knits
A nice duffle coat.. the Dior Homme cashmere one from a couple years back if I can find it
Some more shirts, I Guess

+ probably some other stuff.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
I also for sure won't be getting any more sneakers or denim, but I still have lots of gaps to fill in in my wardrobe. The big gap I need to fill in as school is drawing to a close is going to be some "work-appropriate" stuff, which mostly just means collared shirts, trousers, and a few more ties. Other than that, I might get a couple new pairs of boots, some new outerwear, and some new belts (probably 2 of each. Leftover money will go toward more sweaters and longsleeve shirts, and/or books, probably.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
delete

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nobunny
2-3k is nothing. I'm a student, and was unemployed for half this year, but my kopping budget probably has summed up to 10-11k with one more month to go.
How? Do you have some baller part-time job or something?.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kvc06
I'm a student too, I'm trying to stock up now because I realize that I won't be able to ball out once I start incurring bills and a mortgage payment and car note etc.
I work very hard for what I buy.

you plan on less expendable income once you graduate ? thanks for reply btw was going to get them but decided to hold off for now

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
you plan on less expendable income once you graduate ? thanks for reply btw was going to get them but decided to hold off for now
Definitely, right now I make around 8k a year, and I pay no bills whatsoever. (very thankful for this) However once I graduate I'll probably be spending more money towards important things/saving. And I'm doing teaching so I don't expect a huge salary. My girlfriend(future wife?) is doing finance and currently has a 4.0/internship so maybe she'll be able to cop me jawns. No problem on the info

Reaction score
I have both the Alden cap-toes and the Alden suede boots, both brand new, in sizes 9.5 and 9, respectively. Cap-toes are black, and suedes are a light brown.

georgesoros

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nobunny

Sad...

mike868y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LL Bean Katahdin Boots
LL Bean Signature Wool Shirt Jacket
J. Crew or Lands End Canvas indigo and red chambray
J. Crew merino wool cardigan
Lands End Canvas OCBD in True Cordova.
Naked and Famous Weird Guy

Probably some lighter summer wear (shorts/short sleeve shirts) as it warms up as well.

Oski

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kvc06
. My girlfriend(future wife?) is doing finance and currently has a 4.0/internship so maybe she'll be able to cop me jawns.

I c u kvc, i c u! If only I had a 4.0 in finance as well

2011:
Virgils
Leather jacket
Hopefully an array of trousers and button up shirts.
My closet is lacking these pieces.
Would be cool to get some lightweight junya jeans for summer also.

genericman

Reaction score
2011 is a year of quality, essential basic kops Weekender (Bottega Veneta) Leather Watch (Cartier Roadster) Suit (MTM, Jil) Black Captoes (C&J Belgrave) Marled V Neck (Jil/MMM) and finish off with all of these from Zippy-style....prob just end up getting cigar/ravello wingtip boot

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dior black 17.5cms
CP Achilles mid, white
drapey tees.

Nice basics, I guess. And a TOJ leather if I can swing it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.