Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sixth_Sense, Dec 23, 2011.
This also applies.
I do believe you are making definite progress in that direction.
I appreciate that kind sir. Its all in my head, just needs to get applied. Ive got a plan for '12.
Last year I wrote that I wanted to wear my sleeker suits and shoes, and I did; I also got rid of all my BBBF, except their sweaters, and stopped buying Alden and shell shoes.
I also focused on fewer, but higher quality goods and higher quality experiences (e.g., upgraded lodging and travel for my personal and business trips.)
A few really good things, including a car ( if I can make up my mind on what I want).
I'm pleased with how things unfolded for 2011, and am looking forward to a continuation of the same in 2012.
So what is it actually?
-After discovering SF, found out some of my shit is way too tight.
-Bought loads of shoes.
-Nail a proper pants fit.
-Buy sleeker and sexier brown shoes.
-Buy a pair of AE Park Avenues.
-Wear a tie everyday.
-Post more on WAYWT and MC threads (buy a better camera?)
If anyone wants to copy and paste this template, please feel free:
Found out my clothes suck
Found out my fit sucks
Bought tons of items
Buy moar AE seconds
Replace items bought in 2011
Go into debt
Find out who spoo, moo, & foo are. Lust after the former.
Sounds like spoo is a lucky boy!
2011 Insight: Buying and (partially) remodeling a condo puts a bigger dent in my wallet than my clothing jones. Unemployment hasn't helped my style much, either.
2012 Plans: Get a job, finish the remodel, and quit darning my socks iroh style.
I feel summoned to this thread for some reason.
- if I can't walk four blocks in a pair of shoes, ditch them. Comfort matters.
- when shopping to update business clothing. DO NOT follow sartorial advice from smarmy twinks in fauxhawks, the older guys have forgotten more than those morons will ever learn about business dress. Had a look at Tom Ford suits to see what the hype was about, funny little fella said the Roger Moore 007 lapels were "classic" business wear....
-fashion comes and goes, style endures. Back in the day, my boss was an old, crusty stick in the mud who was about fifteen years out of date in fashion, he wore short suit jackets with skinny lapels and too tight above the ankle pants. He look stupid then , but it 1965 all over again thee days.
- planning a bucket list purchase in London this winter.
-gave away a few pair of I'll fitting shoes, making sure they fit properly and have an enduring quality to them now.
-try to figure out why I like what I like
2012 Clothing Plans
Buy less but better quality.
1. Joined SF and read much more about style . Learned a ton
2. Focused more on fit, style, and functionality
3. Built a much better wardrobe - over 15 shirts, a few pants, suits, SC, shoes, etc.
4. More confident about my style
5. Learned about what to buy and what to avoid at all costs
1. Spend less time on SF and more on nutrition and bodybuilding routine (get in the best shape of my life)
2. Buy the perfect black dress shoe.
3. Buy the perfect wing-tip / monk dress shoe
4. Get a better navy suit
5. Learn a little about as much things as possible (continuation of this years goal)
Separate names with a comma.