• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2011/12 College Basketball Season

tullytra

Reaction score

atmosphere was fantastic. it was nice to see about 10 football players there supporting as well. Big Will Gholston, Denicos, etc. they appeared to be talking some serious **** to the Michigan bench during timeouts. Gholston actually started a "Just like football" chant.

It was probably the best basketball atmosphere in my three years there. There have been higher profile teams to roll through in recent years, but sadly the atmosphere generally died off after they fell behind by 10+. Gonzaga a couple years ago was pretty intense from start to finish like today. It was nifty to see Dantonio just stroll down to the bench and chum it up with Izzo about fifteen minutes before tip.

tullytra

Reaction score
Ohio State and Purdue was entertaining last night. Hummel was really forcing it on offense in the second half. There were a few possessions where he put up some threes pretty early in the shot clock. I know he's the leader of their team, but in a one-possession game he doesn't need to be jacking threes. It's odd that an entertaining game was so unwatchable for about 10 minutes in the second half. It seemed that for that stretch every time down the floor if OSU went near the paint there was going to be a foul called. I truly hope the game Saturday isn't officiated that way.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barlow teabagged Sullinger. I hope Sullinger is out for this weekend. here's to hoping. sometimes i forget how ridiculous Buford can be. is it just me or does it seem like he's been there forever....

i've come to terms that officiating is just god awful if you are the road team. doesn't matter what team, conference, etc. it seems to be especially bad in the Big Ten this year. doesn't matter if it's OSU-MSU or Nebraska-PSU, the road team will always get the shaft.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Memphis going to the Big East, which is doubling down as a basketball conference. Too bad their biggest teams are ACC bound, and Memphis is going to take a while to improve again.

tullytra

Reaction score
Huge win for Michigan State tonight. I kept waiting and waiting for Buford to start going off. It was rough to watch Craft get the Sullinger treatment for defense. He was just on Trice/Appling the whole time at mid-court without any calls. I wish Nix had made a couple of his lay-ups to give the trash talk right back to Sullinger, as it seems he's the only big who'll get in an opposing player's face. Payne definitely could have today, but his demeanor just doesn't seem to lend itself to trash talk. Apparently Izzo playing 10 people is better for freshness and focused play than Matta playing seven. Who'd have thunk it? Also, Sullinger grabbing Green's leg and pulling him down well behind the play was Busch League.

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ hoping tonight isn't a letdown. it'll be an ugly, boring game. typical bo ryan game.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How the **** did duke come back in the game.

tullytra

Reaction score
Well State's rolling pretty well now. The Wisconsin game wasn't close, and the second half at Purdue was a clinic. If Draymond Green isn't Big 10 POY then the fix is in. They're really looking like the class of the Big 10 and creeping up for a #1 seed. The defense is amazing, as evidenced by Purdue starting the second half 1 for 23. Dawson's windmill was pretty sick and unexpected given that he'd just caught the pass and there was a guy not too far behind him.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dude has ups. he will be a monster next year. he's already one of the best offensive rebounders in the B1G. that dunk probably made every purdue fan hate him even more after him jawing at Painter (allegedly)

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A good one between Kentucky and Vandy right now. At the half, Vandy is up by 1.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
We Are

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
MARQUETTE

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads