1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

2010 WAYWRN Champions Challenge - Who had the fit of the year? VOTE!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Jan 1, 2011.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Who won the challenge of the year?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Metlin

Metlin Senior member

Wow, those are some outstanding outfits. This is going to be a tough call! [​IMG]

3. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

lulz, fail for the no gnatty8 option.. [​IMG]

4. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

So many great looks--this is a really tough choice.

My top 3:
    NOBD
    MBreinin
    UrbanComposition

But almost all of these are really first-class fits.

5. Lemmings

Lemmings Member

NOBD, you always have amazing shots. Love the fabric choices too. Where are you getting your suits made?

6. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Thanks, Lemmings. Caruso.

7. Siwash

Siwash Senior member

Happy New Year gentleman,

I am on the first day of my holidays and writing this to you from sunny and beautiful Medellin, Colombia!! Leaving behind a cold Canadian winter.

I suspect I am one of the many member of this board that religiously read the WAYWRN threads for inspiration,education and entertainment. I feel it is not appropriate to comment in that thread as I do not post my own fit pics. However i wanted to take the time to say a few words here.

I think it takes genuine humility to be able to put yourselves out there everyday for judgement and possible criticism. So thank you from this longtime lurker, your efforts are appreciated by more people than you think.

a few comments;

I want to be NOBD and IST66 when I grow up.

I think NYR looks a lot like Bruce Springsteen in his second fit pic from the contest

I don't get the fuss over TTO's outfits but he seems like a great guy.

MBrenein looks awesome everyday, your concern over the details is understood, but not needed.

Spoo..over the top for sure, a special thanks to you for your passion, it is the engine driving this bus the last few months

Holdfast- Elegantly English.

TC- One of my faves

Pet peeve-people who quote the post with 15 pics..is that really necessary?

All the best to you and yours in 2011!!

8. Mac

Mac Senior member

Spoo and NOBD. [​IMG]

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Looks like TC and Moo are roomates, or share the same balcony for photos at least.

10. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Some really good entries, and a nice way to round out the year. I'll echo TC's post in the WAYWRN thread applauding the fact that contestants went for looks that define their personal style rather than pandering to the voters. You could look at any one of the pics in this contest and say, yes, that's so their look. I like that a lot. Good on you guys. [​IMG] Also wanted to post a quick shout-out to Spoo to say thank you for organising these regular contests. They definitely cause people to pay a little more attention to what we're wearing and it drives imagination and experimentation. My votes could have gone to almost anyone in this contest, but in the end I voted for aeglus because I just really dig like his personal style and Mike because that outfit demonstrates how a look can be improved dramatically with a few small changes.

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Spoo..over the top for sure, a special thanks to you for your passion, it is the engine driving this bus the last few months

Also wanted to post a quick shout-out to Spoo to say thank you for organising these regular contests. They definitely cause people to pay a little more attention to what we're wearing and it drives imagination and experimentation.

Thank you gentlemen. I appreciate your kind words. It is a lot of work organizing these things, but I think it is a really helpful tool in broadening your horizons. I would have never envisioned corduroy having the breadth it did without that contest. I have no clue how to do SW&D or CBD, but after those contests, I learned something.

I now implore you to get your thinking caps on for some more ideas in 2011!

12. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Also wanted to post a quick shout-out to Spoo to say thank you for organising these regular contests. They definitely cause people to pay a little more attention to what we're wearing and it drives imagination and experimentation.

and Mike because that outfit demonstrates how a look can be improved dramatically with a few small changes.

Yea Spoo, this was awesome, and hope it continues into the New Year.

I smell a great idea for a future challenge, a similar outfit before and after...A "Fixed it" challenge!

13. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I smell a great idea for a future challenge, a similar outfit before and after...A "Fixed it" challenge!
    That really does have potential; great idea. One way to make it work, would be picking an outfit worn any time in the previous month, and attempting to improve it. That would be good for several reasons: first, it would encourage more and newer people to post in WAYWRN, so they would have an outfit "on record" that could be improved in the contest; second, it would encourage more constructive criticism in WAYWRN; and finally, it would actively encourage a learning approach through iteratively improving an earlier attempt. I guess there might be one or two who would try to game it, by deliberately pitching a bad outfit, so they could magnify the improvement later, but I don't think that's a serious issue with the bunch of dudes we have in WAYWRN. And for the more regular posters, we all know each other's usual level. Yeah, good idea!

14. SpooPoker

^ That is a good idea, the only thing is what if the DTO'ing member does not have all the elements of the original poster?

15. sartorial_marxist

sartorial_marxist Well-Known Member

I want NOBoDy but you, NOBoDy NOBoDy but you

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

16. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Many great fits this time around. In the end, I had to give it up for UC, since I have been searching to no avail for that suit all season (LOL), and Spoo, for the baller TF 3 piece.

Now, vote for me, people!! [​IMG]

Mike

17. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

NOBD,SPOOKER and AEGLUS are doing it for me...

Great suits guys.

18. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

That is a good idea, the only thing is what if the DTO'ing member does not have all the elements of the original poster?

I was thinking it would be the same poster redo-ing their original outfit, but refining the look so it's better than first time round. Not sure if NYR what thinking the same thing or not.

19. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

I also wanted to give my homeboy Spoo a shoutout for getting these challenges going. I know it's a lot of work, and it certainly has rejuvenated WAYWRN.

20. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

I want to salute all the gentlemen who did not vote for themselves!