• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2010 Fantasy Football thread

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friend League: 12 teams with everyone with following football

QB: Brady
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Hines Ward
WR: Jacoby Jones
RB: Mendenhall
RB: Addai
TE: Celek
Bench: Alex Smith, Ahmad Bradshaw, Hakeem Nicks, Kevin Smith, Javon Ringer (last pick in case CJ gets hurt)

I don't like this team. It's PPR and I had the 5th pick. Took Andre over Gore or SJax. Main reason over Gore is I hate drafting the same star player on multiple leagues. guy gets hurt and I am out multiple leagues. No ones teams in this league is stacked so I think I have a puncher's chance in most of the weeks. I'd say top 3 finish barring injury.

Work League: 12 teams with a few people following football. Most of the older guys are stuck in madden 2001 mode and were talking about LT
facepalm.gif

QB: Schaub
WR: Steve Smith (carolina)
WR: Maclin
RB: Gore
RB: SJax
Te: Finley
Flex: Ahmad Bradshaw

Bench: Derek Anderson, Steve Slaton, michael Bush, Derrick Mason, Dexter McCluster

I like this team. I overdrafted Schaub in like the 4th round, but everyone was gone and it was take him or be stuck with Cutler or some abomination. I'm not a fan of my WRs, maybe work out a trade there. Gore came to me at the 8th spot and picked up Sjax on the snake back. Those two are workhorses, hopefully the injury bug stays away from them. They play in such a week division I can see them both going off for monster numbers.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this was the first year in my friend's league we have 12 teams. it really stretched the field thin after a few rounds. whole different dynamic than 10 teams, which i was accustomed to.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22

Work League: 12 teams with a few people following football. Most of the older guys are stuck in madden 2001 mode and were talking about LT
facepalm.gif

They're right though. LT is going to have a monster year.

JesterM

Reaction score
First time playing FF and this is what I ended up with. It's an 18 team league so all the teams are similarly diluted. I was multitasking at the time and hit the wrong button and drafted 2 qb's (Romo and Phillip) early. I'm thinking this isn't such a bad thing thing though since now I can trade Rivers to address some needs, plus in an 18 team league there's a lot of guys that need qb's.

QB Tony Romo
RB Chris Johnson
RB Fred Jackson
WR Pierre Garcon
WR Robert Meachem
WR Braylon Edwards
TE Jeremy Shockey

DEF Miami Dolphins
K Jay Feely

Bench
QB Philip Rivers
RB LaDanian Tomlinson
RB Joe McKnight
WR Michael Jenkins
WR Darius Heyward-Bey
WR Devin Thomas

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Group of friends 10 man ppr

QB Joe Flacco
RB Jonathan Stewart
RB Cedric Benson
WR Randy Moss
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Mike Wallace
TE Antonio Gate
K Lawrence Tynes
DEF Pittsburgh

BN :Ahmad Bradshaw, Ricky Williams, Johnny Knox, Jacoby Jones, Derrick Mason, Kyle Orton

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2nd draft. This one has IDPs, which I dislike. Also I forgot that fact until 10 minutes before the draft.

Anyway, not crazy about this team. 12 team league, 10th pick. Scoring is pretty standard:

QB: Drew Brees
RB: DeAngelo Williams
RB: Beanie Wells
WR: Steve Smith (CAR)
WR: Crabtree
FLEX: Arian Foster
TE: Greg Olsen
K: Feely
DST: Eagles
IDP: David Harris

Bench:
QB: Flacco
RB: Brandon Jacobs, Reggie Bush
WR: Berrian, Devery Henderson

In particular, I'm not thrilled about Beanie Wells and Steve Smith being major components of both of my teams. Also, disregard my earlier comment about having never drafted a QB in round 1.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Received an offer on the above team of Randy Moss and Marion Barber for Deangelo Williams and Crabtree. Leaning toward no, but it's not a bad offer.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't. barber did nothing last year and i don't think anything has changed there.

I think crabtree, the 49s in general, could surprise some people this year. real weak division. he had a solid rookie season. 50 catches, 600+ yards in 11 games aint too shabby. he plays against seattle, zona, and the rams twice. think about that one.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a sucker's bet.

I like Moss this year, but the Cowboys, and thus Barber will be in a world of hurt. You've got two players in Williams and crabtree who are locks to give you points every week and featured players in their offenses. Moss and Barber are complimentary and thus boom and bust. Moss had 3 games of 5 points or less last year and a few more of less than 7.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm with you guys. Countered w/ Williams and Crabtree for Moss and Jonathan Stewart.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think you'd regret that counter as well, but it's one I'd certainly think about. Problem is Williams is a top 10 RB. Your other RB is Beanie Wells, who I think is not going to have a good year, as with anyone on Zona. Stewart is a nice complement to Williams, but Williams has more potential, although having Stewart when (not if) Williams gets hurt is nice. Both have had their share of injuries.

Moss in a contract year is interesting. He could be in beast mode and destroy everyone in his path. This may be his last shot at a multi-year, high $ contract.

Hard to say what Crabtree will do. I think in his division he could tear things up. He is the number 1 WR on the team, Alex Smith is better than what people are giving him credit for, Gore is monster RB that'll open up the passing routes.

I'd hold steady with Williams and Crabtree. Technically you are trading two #1 positions for a #1 (Moss) and #2 (Stewart).

mrgoblueguy

Reaction score
QB \t \t
Tom Brady
(NE - QB) Player notes
\t\tCin \tSun
1:00 pm \t90% \t371 \t4398 \t28 \t13 \t29 \t44 \t1 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t1 \t2 \t553.3
WR \t \t
Calvin Johnson
(Det - WR) Player notes
\t\t@Chi \tSun
1:00 pm \t94% \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t7 \t73 \t0 \t67 \t984 \t5 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t2 \t225.45
WR \t \t
Donald Driver
(GB - WR) No new player Notes
\t\t@Phi \tSun
4:15 pm \t63% \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t1 \t13 \t0 \t70 \t1061 \t6 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t1 \t221.65
RB \t \t
Ricky Williams
(Mia - RB) No new player Notes
\t\t@Buf \tSun
1:00 pm \t38% \t0 \t0 \t0 \t1 \t241 \t1121 \t11 \t35 \t264 \t2 \t0 \t0 \t1 \t2 \t328.75
RB \t \t
LaDainian Tomlinson
(NYJ - RB) Player notes
\t\tBal \tMon
7:00 pm \t15% \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t223 \t730 \t12 \t20 \t154 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t2 \t232.15
TE \t \t
Visanthe Shiancoe
(Min - TE) No new player Notes
\t\t@NO \tThu
8:30 pm \t62% \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t56 \t566 \t11 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t178.6
W/R/T \t \t
Jerricho Cotchery
(NYJ - WR) No new player Notes
\t\tBal \tMon
7:00 pm \t8% \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t2 \t7 \t1 \t57 \t821 \t3 \t253 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t194.6
BN \t \t
Brandon Pettigrew
(Det - TE) No new player Notes
\t\t@Chi \tSun
1:00 pm \t2% \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t30 \t346 \t2 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t76.6
BN \t \t
Mario Manningham
(NYG - WR) No new player Notes
\t\tCar \tSun
1:00 pm \t8% \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t57 \t822 \t5 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t1 \t187.2
BN \t \t
Jeremy Shockey
(NO - TE) New player notes
\t\tMin \tThu
8:30 pm \t10% \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t48 \t569 \t3 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t127.9
BN \t \t
Mark Clayton
(Bal - WR) Player notes
\t\t@NYJ \tMon
7:00 pm \t0% \t1 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t4 \t28 \t0 \t34 \t480 \t2 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t1 \t101.05
BN \t \t
Larry Johnson
(Was - RB) No new player Notes
\t\tDal \tSun
8:20 pm \t1% \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t178 \t581 \t0 \t15 \t80 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t1 \t128.6
BN \t \t
Derek Anderson
(Ari - QB) New player notes
\t\t@StL \tSun
4:15 pm \t1% \t81 \t888 \t3 \t10 \t10 \t8 \t2 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t0 \t3 \t81.95
BN\t \t
--empty--
\t \t \t \t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t0

\t \t \t \t \t \t
Trends
\t
Field Goals Made
\t
PAT
\t
Pos
\t
Edit
\t
Kickers
\t
Edit
\t
Opp
\t
Status
\t
% Start
\t
0-19
\t
20-29
\t
30-39
\t
40-49
\t
50+
\t
Made
\t
Fan Pts
K \t \t
Jason Hanson
(Det - K) Player notes
\t\t@Chi \tSun
1:00 pm \t3% \t0 \t5 \t8 \t7 \t1 \t25 \t121
BN\t \t
--empty--
\t \t \t \t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t-\t0

\t \t \t \t \t \t
Trends
\t

\t
Tackles
\t
Turnovers
\t
TD
\t
Misc
\t
Return
\t
Pos
\t
Edit
\t
Defense/Special Teams
\t
Edit
\t
Opp
\t
Status
\t
% Start
\t
Pts Allow
\t
Sack
\t
Safe
\t
Int
\t
Fum
Rec
\t
TD
\t
Blk
Kick
\t
Yds
\t
TD
\t
Fan Pts
DEF \t \t
Minnesota
(Min - DEF) No new player Notes
\t\t@NO \tThu
8:30 pm \t81% \t288 \t48.0 \t1 \t11 \t13 \t1 \t1 \t1752 \t2 \t337.2
BN \t \t
Miami
(Mia - DEF) No new player Notes
\t\t@Buf \tSun
1:00 pm \t33% \t372 \t44.0 \t0 \t15 \t6 \t2 \t0

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^lathered up in Lion's butter?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i am only going to do one league this year (my money + work bragging rights league). i'm tired of having the same players counteract each other in different leagues. it's hard enough rooting for the Fins and one fantasy league at the same time

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
i think you'd regret that counter as well, but it's one I'd certainly think about. Problem is Williams is a top 10 RB. Your other RB is Beanie Wells, who I think is not going to have a good year, as with anyone on Zona. Stewart is a nice complement to Williams, but Williams has more potential, although having Stewart when (not if) Williams gets hurt is nice. Both have had their share of injuries. Moss in a contract year is interesting. He could be in beast mode and destroy everyone in his path. This may be his last shot at a multi-year, high $ contract. Hard to say what Crabtree will do. I think in his division he could tear things up. He is the number 1 WR on the team, Alex Smith is better than what people are giving him credit for, Gore is monster RB that'll open up the passing routes. I'd hold steady with Williams and Crabtree. Technically you are trading two #1 positions for a #1 (Moss) and #2 (Stewart).
I think it's pretty close. Wasn't crazy about either the Williams or Crabtree picks, and I'm not so sure Stewart won't come close to an even split with Williams...pretty sure Stewart actually outscored Williams last year.
Originally Posted by HRoi
i am only going to do one league this year (my money + work bragging rights league). i'm tired of having the same players counteract each other in different leagues. it's hard enough rooting for the Fins and one fantasy league at the same time
This is the sucky part of fantasy football. At first, it was great because you had a rooting interest in games you otherwise wouldn't care about. Now I'm always thinking about the fact that I have a guy in one league but am playing against him in another, or getting pissed that another RB poached my guy's goal line TD. Can't just sit back and watch a game.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads