• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2010 Fantasy Football thread

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's possible the Packers could stick with Jackson as starter, but the thinking on the coaching staff has always been that he's too small for the offense and wouldn't be able to hold up for the year.

If the Packers deal for someone, chances are that the guy they deal for will be the starting RB. BJax was always supposed to be the 3rd down guy.

Always surprised me as it seems like a waste to use a 2nd round pick on Jackson only to have him as 3rd down back/on the bench.

Macallan9

Reaction score
Originally Posted by countdemoney
It's possible the Packers could stick with Jackson as starter, but the thinking on the coaching staff has always been that he's too small for the offense and wouldn't be able to hold up for the year.

If the Packers deal for someone, chances are that the guy they deal for will be the starting RB. BJax was always supposed to be the 3rd down guy.

Always surprised me as it seems like a waste to use a 2nd round pick on Jackson only to have him as 3rd down back/on the bench.

"I feel Brandon Jackson carried the load yesterday," McCarthy said. "I think there's a lot of evidence right there, recent evidence that he's able to play all three downs, and he will have that opportunity this week versus Buffalo."

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Macallan9
"I feel Brandon Jackson carried the load yesterday," McCarthy said. "I think there's a lot of evidence right there, recent evidence that he's able to play all three downs, and he will have that opportunity this week versus Buffalo."

McCarthy doesn't plan to make a decision about a potential roster move - like possibly promoting James Johnson from the practice squad or signing a free agent - until he knows the full extent of Grant's injury.

There aren't many quality options available to the Packers if they choose to sign a free agent. The most noteworthy would be former Pittsburgh Steeler Willie Parker, who was released by Washington at the end of training camp. A few other veterans out of work are Ahman Green, Justin Fargas, J.J. Arrington, Adrian Peterson (not the Viking) and Kolby Smith.

In a pinch, the Packers also could consider activating Johnson from the practice squad, though the free agent has been with the Packers for just a week.

"He's coming along," said running backs coach Edgar Bennett. "He's getting better day in and day out and he's come along at a pretty rapid pace."

The Packers can probably get away with Brandon Jackson and John Kuhn for a game or two, but if it's longer than that, the Packers will have to make a move. The Packers have a roster spot available because they also placed Justin Harrell on injured reserve Monday after he hurt his knee.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/102828914.html

I can dig up three years of stuff like that. Jackson will have a very good game against the Bills, so he's a great roster pickup for this week. But for the season? That's less certain. Remember too that when Jackson was a rookie, they had an injury and traded for Grant rather than give the job to Jackson.

Again, great pickup this week, but if you want to get the GB starting running back on the cheap and not worry about your waiver wire position - watch to see what happens. If there's a midweek deal for a player, you might be able to slide in and pick them up with no one the wiser until it's too late.

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Who do I start at RB2? Peyton Hillis or Marion Barber? I'm leaning Hillis. And for Flex do I go with Barber, T.O. or Crabtree? I currently have Owens slotted in.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
Who do I start at RB2? Peyton Hillis or Marion Barber? I'm leaning Hillis. And for Flex do I go with Barber, T.O. or Crabtree? I currently have Owens slotted in.

Barber/T.O.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here's my updated team.

10 teams. PPR.

QB: Drew Brees
WR: Reggie Wayne
WR: Andre Johnson
RB: Jahvid Best
RB: Brandon Jackson
TE: Jermichael Finley
K: Mason Crosby
DEF: Week-to-week.

good bench of risers like TB Mike Williams, T.O., Dwayne Bowe etc.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vick detroit should be the better matchup.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i take vick vs detroit over any QB that isn't a guaranteed every week starter (brees, manning, brady, rodgers and those types of guys)

mcnabb is more of a matchup dependent kind of starter right now.

and vick should have a good game.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Vick will run all over Detroit.

Run DMC or Moreno?

DBoon

Reaction score
a few matchups I'd like second opinions on.
Non-ppr fairly standard league

Chad Henne @ MIN vs. Joe Flacco @ CIN

Pick 3:

Brandon Jackson vs. BUF
Beanie Wells @ATL
Jacoby Jones @ WAS
Michael Crabtree vs. NO

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@HRoi -- i go DMC. good matchup. even if you're standard scoring. in PPR, DEFINITELY DMC.

@DBoon -- i go flacco there. still need to see more from henne, and he's playing a defense with something to prove. also out of those 4, i go brandon jackson, michael crabtree, and if you have to start either jones or wells....i reckon i'd go with wells.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@above
Vick is gonna be solid this week, start with confidence

Originally Posted by DBoon
a few matchups I'd like second opinions on.
Non-ppr fairly standard league

Chad Henne @ MIN vs. Joe Flacco @ CIN

Pick 3:

Brandon Jackson vs. BUF
Beanie Wells @ATL
Jacoby Jones @ WAS
Michael Crabtree vs. NO

I would say Beanie if he plays, not really excited about it. Pretty sure he hasn't practiced all week and will at best get half of the touches splitting with Hightower. I don't hate playing Jones though; he will get 5 or so looks with maybe one or two deep.

Brandon Jackson vs BUF
Cedric Benson vs BAL
Steve Smith(NYG) vs IND

I need two from the above three. Im leaning towards Jackson, but cant decide between the other two. Im probably looking too much into the MU's (think B. Marshall vs indy last year)

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It's not even really fair. I'm destroying everyone in my college league. I almost feel sorry for them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads