• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

2010 E-Class: The Headlights

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the new E-Class... it's the C-Class that looks goofy. This seems to be a tougher looking E-Class.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Resembles the Caddy CTS

Actually, it makes me think of a Lexus to some extent - which is ironic, given that Lexus originally ripped off Mercedes' styling cues for the LS400 range, and now it looks as though Mercedes is returning the compliment.

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
Hideous. I am really disappointed.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like the bulbous Mercedes wheel arches, it will be hated and then copied by everyone.

I'm not a fan but I've never really cared for any of Mercedes styling cues.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Actually, it makes me think of a Lexus to some extent -

My mind, you read it

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
My mind, you read it

I agree it looks a lot like the Lexus lamps, but MB came out with the round, split lights first. The pic above of the GS was the copy of the original E class.

Actually the styling is the main part I hate about the Lexus cars. They openly just copy the styling cues from MB and now BMW (used to be just MB, but now they incorporate some BMW too).

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
I like the new E-Class... it's the C-Class that looks goofy. This seems to be a tougher looking E-Class.
+1

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Funny how things change.

At one point Lexus was imitating some styling of Benz. Now the bespoke shoe is on the other foot.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Funny how things change.

At one point Lexus was imitating some styling of Benz. Now the bespoke shoe is on the other foot.

I don`t think things have changed at all. Lexus still copies many design cues from MB and that will probably never change since that is obviously their strategy. The double lamp design on the new MB E class is just an evolution of the original MB design, and not really a copy of the Lexus.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
I don`t think things have changed at all. Lexus still copies many design cues from MB and that will probably never change since that is obviously their strategy. The double lamp design on the new MB E class is just an evolution of the original MB design, and not really a copy of the Lexus.

That's what MB owners will always say because heaven forbid they do anything that a Japanese auto company does first. They are too proud and their egos won't let them.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
... The double lamp design on the new MB E class is just an evolution of the original MB design, and not really a copy of the Lexus.
The E-class lamp design is consistent with the lamp designs on the recently introduced S, CL, SL, and C class cars.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 235 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 116 15.8%
  • 31 - 40