1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

2010 BMW 5-series

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Roy, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Roy

Roy Senior member

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Finally looks good again! [​IMG]

3. spudnik99

spudnik99 Senior member

Yes, it looks better.

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

boring but at least not ugly

5. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I think it's a great improvement. Looks a lot like the new 7. I like it.

6. spencers

spencers Senior member

its fucking ugly. and bloated
    grilles are like the new z4, which are hideous.

7. Flieger

Flieger Senior member

Is Van Hooijdonk de rommel van Bangle aan het opruimen Roy? Het is in ieder geval een hele verbetering.

8. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Can't really see a big difference besides the front end.. Looks good though, but not crazy about where the lip of the hood is in relation to the front grilles..

9. Sherlockian

Sherlockian Senior member

Well, it's not so much of a surprise as the previous restyling, which IMHO went from the best-ever 5 (possibly best ever BMW) design to a very quirky one. A few years of seeing the Bangle designs on a daily basis has watered down what might have been a stronger reaction.

I think it's a step in the right direction, in a similar way that the 997 was a step back towards what should have been after the radical changes of the 996.

10. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I saw that the new 550i GT is gonna be like $65K list, so it's fairly obvious what the new 5 sedans are gonna cost as well... I know new cars are expensive nowadays in the US, but shit.... that is a lot of money for a 5-series. How much will the new M5 be? $85K? $90K?

I like it more than the new E-class, that car has become very popular in my parts already (and cars cost 150% of the US price or more, so a new E320 is like $90K here) but that isn't saying much because the new MB design language isn't great and is only marginally worse than BMW's design language of the past 10 years. This new 5 is extremely boring looking and that is the only thing that is really going for it, as well. People are just saying, 'well, at least it's better than the E60'....

11. Alias

Alias Senior member

The Bangle Butt is gone but there's still a lot of junk in that trunk.

12. DNW

DNW Senior member

It's in the middle of an identity crisis. It doesn't know whether to grow up or be like its little brother.

13. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

14. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I miss the E39. [​IMG]
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. [​IMG]

15. DNW

DNW Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. [​IMG]

What a great commercial. Man, I remember the first time I drove one. 400hp under the hood, but damn, I kept thinking to myself what a balanced and controllable car it was. Close to perfection.

16. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

What a great commercial.

Man, I remember the first time I drove one. 400hp under the hood, but damn, I kept thinking to myself what a balanced and controllable car it was. Close to perfection.

I had a marketing project for my last full semester at school, and we choose BMW. The commercials / ads were met with much enthusiasm by the class and by the professor.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. amnesiac

amnesiac Senior member

Nothing compares to the pinnacle that was the e39. imo the greatest 4 door sedan of all time. That entire era was the pinnacle of car design for me and bmw nailed it.

also,

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. DNW

DNW Senior member

I had a marketing project for my last full semester at school, and we choose BMW. The commercials / ads were met with much enthusiasm by the class and by the professor.

http://thechessworld.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/7/bmw_checkmate.jpg[IMG]
    [IMG]https://www.styleforum.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Ha! Ironically, I chose Audi for my marketing project when I was in undergrad.

19. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Ha! Ironically, I chose Audi for my marketing project when I was in undergrad.

Even more ironically I have never owned a BMW and owned an Audi at the time of the project.

20. Rusty G.

Rusty G. Senior member

I think it's beautiful and I'll consider it when it's time to trade in the old E500.