• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2009 US Open Thread

DCPHIL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by youalreadyknow
DCPHIL is the most convincing troll i've ever seen. Just don't respond to him and he'll go away.
Ad hominum attacks, particularly coming from smeone with your physical charateristics is amusing. I suggest that you view my prior post as it relates to your objectification of women, coupled with what is frankly an unattracitve man with, in his words, a shrinking penis. Moreover, I recommend that you go away. No need to engage me any further. I will continue to be here, but my point about you and your limiations has already been stated, hence let's move forward.

DCPHIL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheessus
Explain yourself, though I highly doubt that you'll be able to.

So you call unequivocally call someone here a racist. Which I then do the same to you. And then you say there is no need for personal attacks? I love it. Is your racebaiting class before or after Generalizations 101?

To be frank, let's not engage in verbal sparring; I just don't think it'd be a fair fight. Based on what I've had the unfortunate pleasure of reading from you , it's a waste of my time. In short, considering what I've read thus far, I think that you ought to be spend time raising your game on so many levels.

Rest assured, I am more that capable of artiulating my points--- which I've clearly already done, hence your apparent need to respond to a post that did not initially engage you with a tired, overly simplistic, short-sighted and all around sad, sad response. In closing, I fully respect that the person that I took isssue with has moved on, and strongly suggest that you do the same. Given what, in my opin, seems to be a dearth of thoughtful arguments from you, I think it best for you to do the same and, in fact, possibly enroll in a series of "101" courses -- writing, critical thinking, and logic for starters -- that you have referred to ad nauseum in the case of "race-baiting. Good luck.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DCPHIL
To be frank, let's not engage in verbal sparring; I just don't think it'd be a fair fight. Based on what I've had the unfortunate pleasure of reading from you , it's a waste of my time. In short, considering what I've read thus far, I think that you ought to be spend time raising your game on so many levels. Rest assured, I am more that capable of artiulating my points--- which I've clearly already done, hence your apparent need to respond to a post that did not initially engage you with a tired, overly simplistic, short-sighted and all around sad, sad response. In closing, I fully respect that the person that I took isssue with has moved on, and strongly suggest that you do the same. Given what, in my opin, seems to be a dearth of thoughtful arguments from you, I think it best for you to do the same and, in fact, possibly enroll in a series of "101" courses -- writing, critical thinking, and logic for starters -- that you have referred to ad nauseum in the case of "race-baiting. Good luck.
Hey kid, good for you. I like those who can stand up for themselves, even though it is behind a computer, and as misguided as you may be. Anyway, Godspeed, but you should probably heed some of your own heavy-handed advice that you're so intent on dishing out. Only on SF can a thread about tennis degenerate into e-thuggery trash.

jaac

Reaction score
Haha, heard some commentators saying Roger said he only got 6 hours sleep a night now-a-days because of his kids, funny stuff. The mens draw is looking really interesting. All the good players are left and im hoping someone like Verdasco or Monfils can cause an upset. The womens, fairly meh on that, hopefully Clijsters pulls a fairytale off but i doubt anyone beats Serena.

Valence

Reaction score
I, for one, would love to see Monfils or Del Potro make it to the final

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Novak is going to win this one. He played sooooo well last night IMO. The guys ground strokes are hit with so much pace and consistency it's unreal.

DCPHIL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol
SHUT THE **** UP
You silly little man. Get your nose out of thier respective asses, OK! One good thing is that it's nice good boy to protect Mista Charlie. Get a life, Jackass

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
I think Novak is going to win this one. He played sooooo well last night IMO. The guys ground strokes are hit with so much pace and consistency it's unreal.

He didn't look that great in his first few matches, but last night he did look really good. I'm not a Djokovic fan, but he's had his share of humble pie this year, and it would be great if he could compete at the level he was at last summer.

BTW, Murray just lost the first two sets...whoa.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cilic wins. Da Croatian Sensation - reprazentin' and picking up where Goran left off. Hollllaz! Where my kunk at?

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Wow, I was sitting maybe 20 yards from you on Saturday.

Yeah I saw someone who looked like you but I thought, naaahh...

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheessus
He didn't look that great in his first few matches, but last night he did look really good. I'm not a Djokovic fan, but he's had his share of humble pie this year, and it would be great if he could compete at the level he was at last summer.

BTW, Murray just lost the first two sets...whoa.

I think his antics are rather funny, I know a lot don't though.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me the difference between pace and raquet speed/power?

I mean Macenroe and Marry Jo were kind of laughing about the misuse of this word, and I must say I kind of find it funny when people say that someone generates a lot of "pace" off his serve. This is definitely a word that has come up a lot more often lately and seems quite trendy as well on this forum. It takes more than one successive stroke to establish a pace, and unless it's a power hitting baseline rally with just a bunch of flat groundstrokes, it makes no sense whatsoever, though people insist on using the word pace when they really mean to just say power.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Can someone please explain to me the difference between pace and raquet speed/power?

I mean Macenroe and Marry Jo were kind of laughing about the misuse of this word, and I must say I kind of find it funny when people say that someone generates a lot of "pace" off his serve. This is definitely a word that has come up a lot more often lately and seems quite trendy as well on this forum. It takes more than one successive stroke to establish a pace, and unless it's a power hitting baseline rally with just a bunch of flat groundstrokes, it makes no sense whatsoever, though people insist on using the word pace when they really mean to just say power.

Have you watched Novak? He hits with "pace" consistently. He just doesn't step up and crush it he hits very hard and deep with almost every groundstroke. Players like Nadal can hit with power but don't really play with pace, there strokes are veryyyyy spin heavy but he can flatten it out and hit with power if he wants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads