• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2009 Audi a5

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
I was wondering how SFers feel about the new audi a5..IMO I love the styling and its uniqueness in comparision to the e92..what do you guys think?
IMO, the A5 is a car that looks pretty nice in photos, but is somewhat insane in person. I can't speak about handling, but from the perspective of exterior styling, it would easily be my choice when compared to the current 3 series coupe (excluding the M3).

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing..pictures do not do the car justice, and that is saying a lot..when I walked into the dealership and saw the car in person, I noticed how its size and curvature stood out far greater than in the pictures and was struck by it..I'm mesmorized
blush.gif

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
I was thinking the same thing..pictures do not do the car justice, and that is saying a lot..when I walked into the dealership and saw the car in person, I noticed how its size and curvature stood out far greater than in the pictures and was struck by it..I'm mesmorized
blush.gif

Especially with those "Audi LED headlights". I think it's a great choice for someone looking to be a little different from the remainder of the pack. As odd as it may seem, I see very few of them in the Houston area, in fact, I've seen more far expensive autos, i.e. Gallardo's and Vantage's, than I have A5's.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say the A5 / S5 is easily one of the best looking vehicles on the road at any pricepoint. I think it looks better than cars costing 2 or 3x as much.

The 335 is also a nice looking car and very fast however I would choose the A5 just due to styling alone. I'm not a racecar driver.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Decent car for the price, but I would probably go with the BMW 335i for a bit more money if it were me. You'll have more power, a faster car, and at least IMO, comparable styling. Depends what you are looking for I guess, but for the price, there is much worse, and a few better out there..

Prince

Reaction score
Not an Audi fan but this one looks great in real life.

evor1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Decent car for the price, but I would probably go with the BMW 335i for a bit more money if it were me. You'll have more power, a faster car, and at least IMO, comparable styling. Depends what you are looking for I guess, but for the price, there is much worse, and a few better out there..
this car is horrible for the price. 48k with the options id want all for a car with a lousy 265 hp. oh and as a bonus you get audi reliabiity(unreliability). a 335i will run you about the same price with much better performance and 4 years free maint. is350 is way better for the money as well. only car that is equally as ****** and expensive is a C class.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this thread is useless without pics

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evor1
this car is horrible for the price. 48k with the options id want all for a car with a lousy 265 hp. oh and as a bonus you get audi reliabiity(unreliability). a 335i will run you about the same price with much better performance and 4 years free maint. is350 is way better for the money as well. only car that is equally as ****** and expensive is a C class.

Not getting into the "what's better an Audi or BMW" debate, but have you driven an Audi before (not necessariliy the a5)? For the few Audi's I've driven, the low end torque is great, and it is "punchier" than a 328, which I feel has a heavy pedal. So even with a "lousy" 265 hp, I'm sure the a5 would feel more powerful than that. I think Audi knows how to make their seemingly lower hp more efficient. Audis handle great too. I know a few people who were able to snag '06 a4 models with the 4 yr/50K warranty, and service was great. I'm wondering if in this economy one can negotiate similar coverage.

evor1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Not getting into the "what's better an Audi or BMW" debate, but have you driven an Audi before (not necessariliy the a5)? For the few Audi's I've driven, the low end torque is great, and it is "punchier" than a 328, which I feel has a heavy pedal. So even with a "lousy" 265 hp, I'm sure the a5 would feel more powerful than that. I think Audi knows how to make their seemingly lower hp more efficient. Audis handle great too. I know a few people who were able to snag '06 a4 models with the 4 yr/50K warranty, and service was great. I'm wondering if in this economy one can negotiate similar coverage.
lol 3.2 audi engine has less torque than the competitors as well. "I think Audi knows how to make their seemingly lower hp more efficient" what the hell does that even mean? 265 hp is 265 hp. there is no making it more efficient. the car has less performance for more money. and feel more powerful? what the hell. yeah great my car feels fast while really running 14s. fantastic. sorry the car is slow, it feels slow. and you are comparing the 3.2 audi engine to a 328i...why? it should be compared to the 335i.

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by evor1
lol 3.2 audi engine has less torque than the competitors as well.

"I think Audi knows how to make their seemingly lower hp more efficient"

what the hell does that even mean? 265 hp is 265 hp. there is no making it more efficient. the car has less performance for more money. and feel more powerful? what the hell. yeah great my car feels fast while really running 14s. fantastic. sorry the car is slow, it feels slow.

and you are comparing the 3.2 audi engine to a 328i...why? it should be compared to the 335i.

Perhaps he is talking about a torque curve?

oceans11

Reaction score
A buddy of mines, S5. I know the look isn't for everyone but I'm a fan.
quattrings_s5_8_61208.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads