• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2008-2009 NCAA Football Season

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let's get this ball rolling now. First off: anybody else laugh their asses off at the USA Today/Coaches Poll? Georgia and USC, LOL. The same Georgia that won the Sugar Bowl against freakin' Hawaii. What an achievement.
rolleyes.gif
Ohio State should be number 1. Beanie Wells is back and by all indications will have a prodigious year. Conservative estimates are putting his yardage at 1,250. I'm going to say at least 1,500, maybe 2,000. Plus, the Bucks are fielding three probable first round NFL picks on the OL and Boeckman/Pryor at QB. I hope that everyone will realize Buckeye dominance when they slaughter the Trojans in LA.
smile.gif
And for your viewing pleasure:
championshipra5.jpg
championship.bmp
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes asshole, I saw the Rivals rankings. FAIL.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara

How did the cheerleading audition go?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad
How did the cheerleading audition go?
Coach said my beauty and charm would distract the girls on the squad.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you aspire to have your team owned by the SEC for the 3rd consecutive year?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Do you aspire to have your team owned by the SEC for the 3rd consecutive year?
I'm yearning for another go at the Gators (in FL of course). They will be crushed.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IU wins the Rose Bowl.

bsblguy31

Reaction score
I'm a Mizzou alum and I absolutely cannot wait for the season to start. In fact, I don't think I've ever been so excited for a season of sports in my life.

I truly believe the stars are aligned for my Tigers to have the greatest season in school history and come away with a Big 12 title and possibly a national title. All-Americans Chase Daniel, Jeremy Maclin and William Moore are back and the schedule sets up favorably with the team avoiding Oklahoma (until a likely Big 12 title game matchup) and unlike last year, that game is in Kansas City.

Good luck to everyone's teams this year (unless, of course, you root for Kansas or Nebraska, which is unforunate for you)

Go Tigers!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsblguy31
I'm a Mizzou alum and I absolutely cannot wait for the season to start. In fact, I don't think I've ever been so excited for a season of sports in my life. I truly believe the stars are aligned for my Tigers to have the greatest season in school history and come away with a Big 12 title and possibly a national title. All-Americans Chase Daniel, Jeremy Maclin and William Moore are back and the schedule sets up favorably with the team avoiding Oklahoma (until a likely Big 12 title game matchup) and unlike last year, that game is in Kansas City. Good luck to everyone's teams this year (unless, of course, you root for Kansas or Nebraska, which is unforunate for you) Go Tigers!
Your hands will be full in an Oklahoma matchup but from what I know about Mizzou's squad (not much, admittedly) they have a great shot.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Did you? Who's #1? I can't see the screen without my glasses... C'mon, Conners. Ohio St. versus one of the best teams at home in the country that happens to be coached by Pete Carroll. Yeah. I see that ending well for you.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Did you? Who's #1? I can't see the screen without my glasses... C'mon, Conners. Ohio St. versus one of the best teams at home in the country that happens to be coached by Pete Carroll. Yeah. I see that ending well for you.
rolleyes.gif
I don't think you understand Chris Wells' ability to wreak havoc on almost any defense he's put in front of. The guy is healthy as a horse this year. We also have the Second Coming on our side. Meet Terrelle Pryor.
080408fb02.jpg

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry Conne - there's a reason Michigan got Rich Rodriguez and he'll prove it in his first game at the Horseshoe on Nov. 22.

Of course, that'll just be the final nail in the coffin after they lose to USC at the Coliseum on Sept 13.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that ASU can handle Georgia on Sept. 20 here at Sun Devil Stadium.

Southern Beau

Reaction score
Ohio State is recharged? Try cutting the grass shorter at the horse shoe and maybe they can get ready to play against real teams.

/yawn
//not buying it OSU hype, again
///SEC is too fast for Ohio State/Big Ten

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Sorry Conne - there's a reason Michigan got Rich Rodriguez and he'll prove it in his first game at the Horseshoe on Nov. 22
LOL! You really think Michigan is going to win this year? Their franchise is dying.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads