• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2007 S/S Engineered Garments

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. But that's my feeling on EG in general. Amazing outerwear, mediocre everything else.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Haha you guys always say that and end up loving the collection once it's out.

Happy new years fellas.

Ott

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
Agreed. But that's my feeling on EG in general. Amazing outerwear, mediocre everything else.
True enough, but their aesthetic lends itself better to cold weather clothing, I think. The heavily layered/heavily textured thing doesn't work so well for summer clothes
smile.gif

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
True enough, but their aesthetic lends itself better to cold weather clothing, I think. The heavily layered/heavily textured thing doesn't work so well for summer clothes
smile.gif

Right on. EG is always going to be better for Fall/Winter.

Also, I've started to really like the EGF neckwear.... Too bad it so difficult to find.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
Haha you guys always say that and end up loving the collection once it's out.

Happy new years fellas.

I always like the outerwear - I very rarely like a lot of the other stuff.. mostly because it isn't my style.

The same applies here.

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
summer spring just doesn't do it for me...i think their fall stuff was there best so far.

minya

Reaction score
congratulations to our Australian buddy Nick for getting an EG modeling job...
tongue.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
I like the S/S fabrics, but I'm definitely a proponent of wearing lighter items. I'm not a super-layered kind of guy. I wear a short sleeve t-shirts way too often.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya
congratulations to our Australian buddy Nick for getting an EG modeling job...
tongue.gif

Aw, man, they stole my "Sittin' in a chair bein' all mopey" look.

AND my "shorts with long socks" look!

I like the beige/cream short snap-front jacket and the belted trench. Some of the shirts, too - the white, and the blue striped with the white club collar.

Anyone have experience with the trousers in general?

minya

Reaction score
I'd be more concerned with the fact that the EG model stole not just your poses, but your visage and countenance, Nick. Seriously. That's probably illegal.

bene

Reaction score
damn I just wanted to say that EG needs to look for an updated model look. That bearded guy looks like they pulled them out of a Berlin minimal techno club circa 2004. No offense to Nick, that beard is still "on" in 2007 I reckon.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick M
Anyone have experience with the trousers in general?
I have one of their cotton painters pants. The material they use is amazing. The cotton has some texture to it. Don't remember what the guy at MAC told me about what it was, but it's pretty damn nice. All the seams on the inside were lined in their signature red (like the flannel shirts) and the back pockets are wide and go all the way to the seam (that's just the design for the painters pants though, not a feature on all of their pants). The fit isn't slim fit, but it's not baggy. I'd say boxy would be a the right phrase in this instance.

Regarding the S/S 07 line, it's basically of a lot of the same stuff we've seen before, but in different materials: Bedfords and Norfolks in patterns and spring/summer weight materials (vs the corduroy and wools of the F/W lines). I'm liking the patterns of the Norfolks in the 3rd and 4th pics and the blue norfolk in the first pic isn't half bad either. I'll probably be looking for that one or the brown one.

Originally Posted by Nick M
I like the beige/cream short snap-front jacket...

FYI, the jacket is called the "Fatigue Shirt Jacket" according to Eggplant of Japan. Per the photos below, it's got a nice cell phone/wallet pocket on both sides of the shirt. Material seems to be Cotton Ripstop. Can't see if there's any hand pockets in the lower half of the shirt/jacket. Pricepoint = $239 w/o s/h. Looks pretty sweet. Here's the linky: http://shop.yumetenpo.jp/goods/d/egg...2/index.shtml#
main.jpg

sub1.jpg

Check out the flap in the pic below, it button into the inside of the right side. Sweet!
sub2.jpg

Eggplant has the fatigue shirt in black cotton ripstop ($239) and the norfolk in black cotton poplin ($345).

Prediction: The fatigue jacket will be available in winter-weight materials in F/W 07.

PS - I apologize for my lack of posts as of late (although I don't think many will mind). I've been pretty busy at work.

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Awesome. EG outerwear is great. I love the olive jacket in the second picture. It's simple and has that little utilitarian flair that makes it interesting and different.

Does anyone know when we will see any of these new items available from retailers in the US?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads