2007 S/S Engineered Garments

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ott, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Ott

Ott Senior member

2. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Agreed. But that's my feeling on EG in general. Amazing outerwear, mediocre everything else.

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

Haha you guys always say that and end up loving the collection once it's out.

Happy new years fellas.

4. Ott

Ott Senior member

Agreed. But that's my feeling on EG in general. Amazing outerwear, mediocre everything else.
    True enough, but their aesthetic lends itself better to cold weather clothing, I think. The heavily layered/heavily textured thing doesn't work so well for summer clothes [​IMG]

5. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

True enough, but their aesthetic lends itself better to cold weather clothing, I think. The heavily layered/heavily textured thing doesn't work so well for summer clothes [​IMG]
    Right on. EG is always going to be better for Fall/Winter.

Also, I've started to really like the EGF neckwear.... Too bad it so difficult to find.

6. kronik

kronik Senior member

Haha you guys always say that and end up loving the collection once it's out.

Happy new years fellas.

I always like the outerwear - I very rarely like a lot of the other stuff.. mostly because it isn't my style.

The same applies here.

7. digital_denim

digital_denim Big Lose

summer spring just doesn't do it for me...i think their fall stuff was there best so far.

8. minya

minya Senior member

congratulations to our Australian buddy Nick for getting an EG modeling job... [​IMG]

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I like the S/S fabrics, but I'm definitely a proponent of wearing lighter items. I'm not a super-layered kind of guy. I wear a short sleeve t-shirts way too often.

10. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

congratulations to our Australian buddy Nick for getting an EG modeling job... [​IMG]
    Aw, man, they stole my "Sittin' in a chair bein' all mopey" look.

AND my "shorts with long socks" look!

I like the beige/cream short snap-front jacket and the belted trench. Some of the shirts, too - the white, and the blue striped with the white club collar.

Anyone have experience with the trousers in general?

11. minya

minya Senior member

I'd be more concerned with the fact that the EG model stole not just your poses, but your visage and countenance, Nick. Seriously. That's probably illegal.

12. bene

bene Member

damn I just wanted to say that EG needs to look for an updated model look. That bearded guy looks like they pulled them out of a Berlin minimal techno club circa 2004. No offense to Nick, that beard is still "on" in 2007 I reckon.

13. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Reposted below with updated comments. Wierd firefox backing up and forwarding glitch.

14. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Anyone have experience with the trousers in general?
    I have one of their cotton painters pants. The material they use is amazing. The cotton has some texture to it. Don't remember what the guy at MAC told me about what it was, but it's pretty damn nice. All the seams on the inside were lined in their signature red (like the flannel shirts) and the back pockets are wide and go all the way to the seam (that's just the design for the painters pants though, not a feature on all of their pants). The fit isn't slim fit, but it's not baggy. I'd say boxy would be a the right phrase in this instance.

Regarding the S/S 07 line, it's basically of a lot of the same stuff we've seen before, but in different materials: Bedfords and Norfolks in patterns and spring/summer weight materials (vs the corduroy and wools of the F/W lines). I'm liking the patterns of the Norfolks in the 3rd and 4th pics and the blue norfolk in the first pic isn't half bad either. I'll probably be looking for that one or the brown one.

I like the beige/cream short snap-front jacket...

FYI, the jacket is called the "Fatigue Shirt Jacket" according to Eggplant of Japan. Per the photos below, it's got a nice cell phone/wallet pocket on both sides of the shirt. Material seems to be Cotton Ripstop. Can't see if there's any hand pockets in the lower half of the shirt/jacket. Pricepoint = $239 w/o s/h. Looks pretty sweet. Here's the linky: http://shop.yumetenpo.jp/goods/d/egg...2/index.shtml#
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Check out the flap in the pic below, it button into the inside of the right side. Sweet!
    [​IMG]

Eggplant has the fatigue shirt in black cotton ripstop ($239) and the norfolk in black cotton poplin ($345).

Prediction: The fatigue jacket will be available in winter-weight materials in F/W 07.

PS - I apologize for my lack of posts as of late (although I don't think many will mind). I've been pretty busy at work.

15. WatchGuy

WatchGuy Senior member

Awesome. EG outerwear is great. I love the olive jacket in the second picture. It's simple and has that little utilitarian flair that makes it interesting and different.

Does anyone know when we will see any of these new items available from retailers in the US?