1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

2007 NBA Draft Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Countertenor, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Countertenor

Countertenor Senior member

Joakim Noah is rockin' a piped seersucker jacket (suit? didn't see). He was even asked about it in an interview. His outfit also features a rather large bowtie.

2. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Yeah that was pretty wild. I've been impressed that everyone so far has worn clothes that actually fit them.

3. iazniguy

iazniguy Senior member

nick young... i like his white blazer with the black pants. doesnt look that bad.

4. Countertenor

5. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

[​IMG]

Yikes. Clothes for murderers and rapists. [​IMG]

6. Countertenor

Uhhhh, OK...

7. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

How awesome would it be to see a 6'8" NBAer in Thom Browne.

8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

[​IMG]

....if that kid from "Problem Child" and Carrot Top mated....

9. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

i think the best NBA dresser is Lebron. He wears clothes that fit. he'll wear loafers and a blazer. He has the right sunglasses on. I haven't seen him yet with the jeans and one shirt flap untucked look, and haven't seen him with any more than 3 buttons on his jacket, usually 2. although I haven't seen everything he ever wore.

10. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

i think the best NBA dresser is Lebron. He wears clothes that fit. he'll wear loafers and a blazer. He has the right sunglasses on. I haven't seen him yet with the jeans and one shirt flap untucked look, and haven't seen him with any more than 3 buttons on his jacket, usually 2. although I haven't seen everything he ever wore.

I think you should check out Alonzo Mourning. Mourning wears suits most of the time (classically styled suits I might add), he's always very well put together, and knows how to use just the right amount of color. Now if you're talking about retired NBA players I would say Hakeem Olajuwon, Greg Anthony (of ESPN), Scottie Pippen, and Michael Jordan (most of the time. Jordan has the tendency to be too "modern" at times with his clothing).

11. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

I distinctly remember greg anthony, pippen, mourning and modern day michael jordan wearing stereotypically horrible looking NBA MTO suits. I don't remember what kind of suits Hakeem wore. MJ definitely set the entire baller in a suit trend, but he has fallen off very hard [​IMG]

12. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Joakim Noah... what a joke...

13. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

I distinctly remember greg anthony, pippen, mourning and modern day michael jordan wearing stereotypically horrible looking NBA MTO suits. I don't remember what kind of suits Hakeem wore. MJ definitely set the entire baller in a suit trend, but he has fallen off very hard

[​IMG]

I certainly don't ever remember Pippen or Greg Anthony wearing "horrible looking NBA MTO suits." I know for certain Pippen has been exceptional of late. I heard Pippen wears Attolini. Jordan was dressing a whole helluva lot better when he was affiliated with the Wizards. Maybe his divorce has something to do with it...some kind of mid-life crisis.

14. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

What does that mean?[​IMG]

15. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

Joakim Noah... what a joke...

Come on....that's just funny. The kid's like only 20 and having fun.

16. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Joakim Noah is the son of Yannick Noah the tennis star who won the French open in 1983.....
    His mother is a Swedish model and his dad a former tennis star turned singer.....
    He doesn't have to worry for his future ,the young man,his dad is stinking rich...
    His sartorial credentials are close to zero.....He reminds me of Andre 3000 in his video...

17. Stu

Stu Senior member

Bashing of Noah aside, I really liked Greg Oden's suit. Conservative cut, notch lapels, but with 3 hacking pockets. Nice touch. It's on the front page of espn.com

18. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

Joakim Noah is the son of Yannick Noah the tennis star who won the French open in 1983.....
    His mother is a Swedish model and his dad a former tennis star turned singer.....
    He doesn't have to worry for his future ,the young man,his dad is stinking rich...
    His sartorial credentials are close to zero.....He reminds me of Andre 3000 in his video...

what are you talking about "sartorial credentials"??? If anything Noah has the most "credentials" since his dad is a celebrity and he must have some nice clothes. these are 20 year old college kids, all of them. Other than Noah, they probably got all their suit advice from their agent.

19. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

you're still fuming from the Arnold conversation ?[​IMG]
    Yannick Noah is quite annoying ....The type is full of money but playing the cool-lefty...
    i do find him actually original but i do not like his style...

20. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Noah is obnoxious and a childish whiner. I am disappointed to see him end up on the Bulls.