• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2006 World Series of Poker - Main Event

Stax

Reaction score
I am following a play-by-play 2006 WSOP blog at pokerpages.com.

I thought I would pass on this hilarious entry for you poker fans:

Monday, 31st of July 2006 12:47 PM

Hank Azaria feels a bit foolish when in a hand with two others, and he raises to 250 preflop. He has a caller, and before the flop is on the table he rolls over As Ac, exposing them to the table and the world. Everyone seems totally confused that he would do that. The flops comes Qd Tc 3c, and he bets 500. Needless to say, he gets no call... He looks embarrassed by his premature exposure. HA!
laugh.gif

Stax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Henry Boogers
Someone should have looked at the aces and pushed all-in, representing a set which would leave Hank with little more than 2 outs.

I like it.

tsloop

Reaction score
I wish stuff like that would have happened at my table, there has been some bad play going on for a 10k buy in event. I only lasted 9 hours though so I guess my play wasn't that great either.

Stax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tsloop
I wish stuff like that would have happened at my table, there has been some bad play going on for a 10k buy in event. I only lasted 9 hours though so I guess my play wasn't that great either.

you weren't getting cards, huh?

did you buy in or win a satellite?

tsloop

Reaction score
The cards definitely weren't with me so my stack just slowly dwindled, then I doubled up before dinner, then the antes killed me till finally I got it all in with AJs on a J high flop only to see someone else turn over kings. I won my seat on party poker in one of the $215 satellites.

Stax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tsloop
The cards definitely weren't with me so my stack just slowly dwindled, then I doubled up before dinner, then the antes killed me till finally I got it all in with AJs on a J high flop only to see someone else turn over kings. I won my seat on party poker in one of the $215 satellites.

Nice. A respectable way to get into the tourney and a respectable way to get sent to the rail.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In the first hours of the tournament typically there's some pretty sketchy play. Last year, I saw someone with aces raise $2k before the flop getting two callers and after he made a strong move post flop someone put him all in and had a set of deuces... pretty rough considering the guy called a 3x raise preflop with deuces
frown.gif

tsloop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
In the first hours of the tournament typically there's some pretty sketchy play. Last year, I saw someone with aces raise $2k before the flop getting two callers and after he made a strong move post flop someone put him all in and had a set of deuces... pretty rough considering the guy called a 3x raise preflop with deuces
frown.gif

nothing compares to this though

All-In Called with 8-High
On a flop of 10club7club5spade, Tim Rod bets $300 and his opponent raises to $600. Rod calls and the turn puts the 3club on the board. Rod again bets out with $1,500 and is again raised by his opponent to $4,000. Rod calls and the river puts the 3spade on the board. Rod pushes all-in and his opponent immediately calls. Rod flips up KclubQclub for a turned flush. His opponent says, "Do I have a straight flush? Oh, no I don't," as he shows 8diamond6spade for 8-high.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads