2006 World Series of Poker - Main Event

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Stax, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Stax

Stax Senior member

I am following a play-by-play 2006 WSOP blog at pokerpages.com.

I thought I would pass on this hilarious entry for you poker fans:

[​IMG]

2. Henry Boogers

Henry Boogers Senior member

Someone should have looked at the aces and pushed all-in, representing a set which would leave Hank with little more than 2 outs.

3. Stax

Stax Senior member

Someone should have looked at the aces and pushed all-in, representing a set which would leave Hank with little more than 2 outs.

I like it.

4. tsloop

tsloop Senior member

I wish stuff like that would have happened at my table, there has been some bad play going on for a 10k buy in event. I only lasted 9 hours though so I guess my play wasn't that great either.

5. Stax

Stax Senior member

I wish stuff like that would have happened at my table, there has been some bad play going on for a 10k buy in event. I only lasted 9 hours though so I guess my play wasn't that great either.

you weren't getting cards, huh?

did you buy in or win a satellite?

6. tsloop

tsloop Senior member

The cards definitely weren't with me so my stack just slowly dwindled, then I doubled up before dinner, then the antes killed me till finally I got it all in with AJs on a J high flop only to see someone else turn over kings. I won my seat on party poker in one of the $215 satellites.

7. Stax

Stax Senior member

The cards definitely weren't with me so my stack just slowly dwindled, then I doubled up before dinner, then the antes killed me till finally I got it all in with AJs on a J high flop only to see someone else turn over kings. I won my seat on party poker in one of the $215 satellites.

Nice. A respectable way to get into the tourney and a respectable way to get sent to the rail.

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

In the first hours of the tournament typically there's some pretty sketchy play. Last year, I saw someone with aces raise $2k before the flop getting two callers and after he made a strong move post flop someone put him all in and had a set of deuces... pretty rough considering the guy called a 3x raise preflop with deuces [​IMG]

9. tsloop

tsloop Senior member

In the first hours of the tournament typically there's some pretty sketchy play. Last year, I saw someone with aces raise $2k before the flop getting two callers and after he made a strong move post flop someone put him all in and had a set of deuces... pretty rough considering the guy called a 3x raise preflop with deuces [​IMG]

nothing compares to this though

All-In Called with 8-High
    On a flop of 10club7club5spade, Tim Rod bets $300 and his opponent raises to $600. Rod calls and the turn puts the 3club on the board. Rod again bets out with $1,500 and is again raised by his opponent to $4,000. Rod calls and the river puts the 3spade on the board. Rod pushes all-in and his opponent immediately calls. Rod flips up KclubQclub for a turned flush. His opponent says, "Do I have a straight flush? Oh, no I don't," as he shows 8diamond6spade for 8-high.