• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2006 Spring New Santoni Handmades: What do you think of these with a suit???

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Santoni shoes from a thick quality leather, solid quality and construction viewpoint. But you have to be REAL careful as their styles are definitly Italian and sometimes just too much. But again, they are some of my best made, most comfortable shoes. Anyway, I kind of like these, do you think they would be elegant with a suit, or are they just to Avant Garde for their own good. They definitly can venture into the Kiton area in the ornate detailing. Anyway, fire away.

rvhzk9.png

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the top it looks okay, if you like the toe shape. The side looks ridiculous to me. And I say this as someone who has no qualms wearing violet boots with the right suit.

sysdoc

Reaction score
I am not a huge fan of Santoni, but I really like this shoe!
thumbs-up.gif
I generally would wear it with pretty much anything - certainly all the way up to a business suit. I actually think I'll drop in the next shoe store that carries Santoni and look at it in person. I could see myself buying that one.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a second, I read that as '2006 Spring New Santoni Handgrenades: What do you think of these with a suit???'

dorian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
For a second, I read that as '2006 Spring New Santoni Handgrenades: What do you think of these with a suit???'

Awesome. I'd spring for a pair those, without doubt.

kcgreg

Reaction score
Simplicity at its best.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whoopee
The side looks ridiculous to me.

Just curious: what don't you like about the side? Is it the profile, or the detailing on the leather, or something else?

--Andre

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These are looking a lot like John Lobb 8000 last shoes to me. They seem pretty nice though I would need to see them in person.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a another photo and the item number if you are interested in buying. I'll check on the prices here in a minute.

rvzvwh.jpg

blnee

Reaction score
I would certainly be interested in the price if you come across one. What is the best way to get a price list/ catalogue from Santoni? I didnt see a link to request one on their website.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love those shoes. I'd wear them with a suit, or jeans.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New York doesn't have them yet.
I am awaiting Italy's response on pricing.

Anybody ever get their shoe kit they offer with their limited editions?
s6n69u.jpg

I think more high end shoemakers should offer kits like this for the organizational and professional attributes.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
although it is a different brand (not nearly the calibre of those great lookin santonis), the same style shoe is shown with a suit in the april Esquire, page 167 and I'm almost sure i saw that style with a medium to lighter grey suit in a Hugo Boss ad recently (it might have been GQ)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics