• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

20% off all Blue Bee merchandise

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you guys think these stores will have offers AFTER christmas? I know department stores (Nordstrom, Macy's, Lord & Taylor) have some insane sales the days following christmas.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue Bee and their sister stores have huge sales twice a year, but they don't coincide with Black Friday, Christmas, or New Year's. And they are local.

Ott

Reaction score
Originally Posted by knucks
So you guys think these stores will have offers AFTER christmas? I know department stores (Nordstrom, Macy's, Lord & Taylor) have some insane sales the days following christmas.
I think they will. I missed out some crazy sales last year because I had spent too much in the middle of the season. I'm waiting it out this year.

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sygyzy
Blue Bee and their sister stores have huge sales twice a year, but they don't coincide with Black Friday, Christmas, or New Year's. And they are local.
Does this mean their sales are only in the stores? Or can they be found on-line?

Morgan

Reaction score
I work about a block from the Blue Bee mens' stores. They have 2 or 3 big sales a year, when everything in the store is 50% off on Friday, 60% off on Saturday, and 70% off on Sunday. I am pretty sure they are not online sales. They do not coincide with department store sales.

Of course, when I say "everything in the store," I mean "everything in the store that you can see" because the night before the sale they move all the merchandise that's not going on sale into the back. So much of what's really worth buying (like Paul Smith shoes or Ted Baker suits) does not in fact go on sale.

It's like a sample sale in NYC, with UCSB girls lined up outside the womens' store at 5:45 am. The mens store is much less crowded, but unfortunately most of what goes on sale is kind of unwearable (too LA-trendy, like Great Wall of China). I generally stick to the denim, although I got a nice Rogan blazer last time.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
I think they will. I missed out some crazy sales last year because I had spent too much in the middle of the season.

I'm waiting it out this year.

word, i'm waiting til after xmas

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they got a bunch of jean shop stuff too

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They have Bond #9 as well... for those interested in fragrances. 20% off is pretty good, this stuff is never on sale.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Morgan
I work about a block from the Blue Bee mens' stores. They have 2 or 3 big sales a year, when everything in the store is 50% off on Friday, 60% off on Saturday, and 70% off on Sunday. I am pretty sure they are not online sales. They do not coincide with department store sales.

Of course, when I say "everything in the store," I mean "everything in the store that you can see" because the night before the sale they move all the merchandise that's not going on sale into the back. So much of what's really worth buying (like Paul Smith shoes or Ted Baker suits) does not in fact go on sale.

It's like a sample sale in NYC, with UCSB girls lined up outside the womens' store at 5:45 am. The mens store is much less crowded, but unfortunately most of what goes on sale is kind of unwearable (too LA-trendy, like Great Wall of China). I generally stick to the denim, although I got a nice Rogan blazer last time.

Morgan where do you work? It's kind of funny because you talk about the clothing is to LA-Trendy but you go on to say you like the denim there which consists mostly of PD&C, Sevens, etc. Not exactly the denim most like here. I personally love the Blue Beetle Men's sale and cleaned up last year. This time around I'll buy less denim though since I stopped wearing the stuff I got last year pretty soon after getting better stuff. Though they were a great deal!

ineffable

Reaction score
A lot of online stores have huge sales after christmas. They don't have the upkeep costs of a typical b&m store they can afford to just firesale anything they're allowed to. Online stores connected to b&m stores usually do not have these kinds of sales, although some might (but usually what you'll see is the stuff no one wants.. which can sometimes end up being nice, but usually it's more of the "well, it was a good deal..." kind of thing that you never end up wearing).

on a side note, i'm finding everything on ebay is ending super cheap lately. i think it's because a lot of people are attached to the idea of saving all their money for the post-christmas deals. i was planning to do the same, but i've found a lot of deals i just couldn't pass on.

GameBoy

Reaction score
Darn
I was going to pick up a few items, but wanted to think on it.
Just my luck, i came home after 12am and the sale is over.

Chien

Reaction score
is the promotion code still working? it looks like the price when they email me after the order is confirmed is still the same..

Chien

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ineffable
A lot of online stores have huge sales after christmas. They don't have the upkeep costs of a typical b&m store they can afford to just firesale anything they're allowed to. Online stores connected to b&m stores usually do not have these kinds of sales, although some might (but usually what you'll see is the stuff no one wants.. which can sometimes end up being nice, but usually it's more of the "well, it was a good deal..." kind of thing that you never end up wearing).

on a side note, i'm finding everything on ebay is ending super cheap lately. i think it's because a lot of people are attached to the idea of saving all their money for the post-christmas deals. i was planning to do the same, but i've found a lot of deals i just couldn't pass on.

maybe when the time come, can u maybe start a thread to update us on thoes online stores with huge sales?

Featured Sponsor

What is the most important handwork to have on a shirt?

• Hand attached collar

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Handsewn button holes

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Hand finish on yolk and shoulders

Votes: 20 37.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manh8x9