• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2 months in Asia - advice?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
metrostyle where are you going? Have you decided yet?

Indian mountains up north, then flying south (Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam). No set itinerary, I'll play it by ear. Might not get to all my stops.

level32

Reaction score
I'm also heading on an Asian adventure relatively soon. However, my travel partner backed out. Are you traveling by yourself? I'm not sure if I plan on hitting up the same places due to cost/enjoyability by myself.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by level32
I'm also heading on an Asian adventure relatively soon. However, my travel partner backed out. Are you traveling by yourself? I'm not sure if I plan on hitting up the same places due to cost/enjoyability by myself.

Going solo. PM me if you will be in one of those areas this summer.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Going solo. PM me if you will be in one of those areas this summer. I'll need to know so i can pack extra condoms and lube.

wow.gif

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indian mountains up north, then flying south (Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam). No set itinerary, I'll play it by ear. Might not get to all my stops.

Nice! I've been to South India but not the north. A friend of mine went to Bhutan last year and he enjoyed it. Southeast Asia is great but you'd appreciate the culture more if you visit southern India and go to Mammalapuram http://www.journeymart.com/holidays-...q=Mammalapuram and find the architectural connection specially if you Angkor Wat in Cambodia nor visit Bali. Have fun and post some photos when you come back.

Charger1

Reaction score
Go to Pattaya.
I lived and work there for a year.

They call Vegas sin city, well I reckon Pattaya makes Vegas look like Church on Sunday..

Should be on most's must see list.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
asiablue.jpg

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
have not even tried to get laid in India as people are mad conservative. Though I have been offered marriage to reasonably attractive women twice in one week.

Got deathly sick in a small village 200 miles outside Delhi (and 200 miles from a decent hospital). Rough stomach virus and a very bad fever. The Muslim family I was staying with was performing all sorts of Islamic rituals on me to cure me. I think it was the meds a local doc gave me that broke the fever though. I didn't eat for three days. Just got my appetite back recently. Scary stuff. I must have lost 10 lbs in 3 days
confused.gif
. Well, at least my 38R RLBLs will not be pulling slightly in the lapel area anymore.

I don't know how much more "adventure" I can handle lol.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Besides the near-death experience, how is it going Metro? What is next on your itinerary?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Besides the near-death experience, how is it going Metro? What is next on your itinerary?

India takes some time getting used to if you are not staying at posh hotels. Very very annoying with everyone trying to rip you off in the tourist hubs. All the time. Worse than in any other country.

But the sights are great and staying with a local family was cool. Next is either Northern Indian mountains or maybe I'll just get out of here early and hit up Thailand. Will decide after another relaxing day of recharging in the Le Meridian hotel. I needed a break from mosquitos, con men, and shady food. Plus I have hotel points so why not.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Looks like I'm out $50. Great!

How'd you get hooked up with the family stay pass Metro?

Met some peeps at the Taj Mahal (local tourists). They invited me to stay with them for a few days. Normally I wouldn't do anything shady like that but I was feeling adventurous.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Met some peeps at the Taj Mahal (local tourists). They invited me to stay with them for a few days. Normally I wouldn't do anything shady like that but I was feeling adventurous.

I would stay in India but keep moving. The Delhi/ Agra area is the worst for annoying touts. Personally, I loved Jodhpur and found it much more sane. The Fort there is amazing! Ratan Vilas hotel is the place to stay.

PM me if you want to hire a driver. I can recommend a guy to contact.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
I would stay in India but keep moving. The Delhi/ Agra area is the worst for annoying touts. Personally, I loved Jodhpur and found it much more sane. The Fort there is amazing! Ratan Vilas hotel is the place to stay.

PM me if you want to hire a driver. I can recommend a guy to contact.

Thanks Alter - obviously India has tons more to see but I am a little concerned about rainy season and the hot weather is getting to me. It's been 105 degrees and sunny every day. Not to mention the dust everywhere making it hard to breath. You don't think South India in rainy weather is too bad? I would do a driver but I am trying to go budget.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, at least my 38R RLBLs will not be pulling slightly in the lapel area anymore.
I don't know how much more "adventure" I can handle lol.

That alone is worth the adventure by SF standard
teacha.gif
joke aside, hope you're having the time of your life (when look back), and be safe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads