1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

2 in 1 ties!!! Wearable on both sides!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rnoldh, Aug 18, 2006.

1. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

2. javyn

javyn Senior member

How can it be wearable on both sides? Do they not have little hoops things for you to put the skinny end of the tie through? That's essential for me...why do so few men even bother using them I wonder.

3. VMan

VMan Senior member

Weird. Wouldn't the big fat reverse end versus the usual skinny end be a problem?

I guess a positive would be that you'd have one less tie to pack when travelling, though I don't think a single tie takes up much space.

Negatives are the fact that you'd have to like both patterns to purchase the tie, as well as the retail price of $230 (Don't regular Zegna ties retail for about $120-140 anyway? I don't really see any 'value', it's more of a novelty item to me)

4. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Weird. Wouldn't the big fat reverse end versus the usual skinny end be a problem?

I guess a positive would be that you'd have one less tie to pack when travelling, though I don't think a single tie takes up much space.

Negatives are the fact that you'd have to like both patterns to purchase the tie, as well as the retail price of $230 (Don't regular Zegna ties retail for about $120-140 anyway?)

Yeah, I was so excited I didn't note those issues. But I guess if you don't mind not having a loop for the thin tie end, not being able to make a proper tie knot, and paying twice the usual Zegna retail price, then these ties might be a good idea and a good value!!

5. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

I have a Zegna Twin that's dark salmon pink on one side and brown with pink stripes on the other. It's much easier to tie than you'd think, though you have to take care to dimple the back side to train it to dimple properly when you tie it in front.

I've become a veritable tie celebrity among the women at work because of this tie. Sometimes I get requests from girls to wear it on certain days. On days I'm wearing it, the news spreads. Very interesting experiment in tracking which girls talk about you. I'm lucky they happen to be a good-looking crowd.

6. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

Massimo Bizzocchi did a few of these back in 2001 or so. They looked sharp actually.

7. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

I have a Zegna Twin that's dark salmon pink on one side and brown with pink stripes on the other. It's much easier to tie than you'd think, though you have to take care to dimple the back side to train it to dimple properly when you tie it in front.

I've become a veritable tie celebrity among the women at work because of this tie. Sometimes I get requests from girls to wear it on certain days. On days I'm wearing it, the news spreads. Very interesting experiment in tracking which girls talk about you. I'm lucky they happen to be a good-looking crowd.

I'd like to be a veritable tie celebrity too! Especially among the women at work. But what do you do without a tie keeper loop to put the back end through?

8. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

Hermes used to offer a 4in1 wool knit tie with a flat bottom.

9. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

I got mine for quite a bit cheaper. I can't tell you much more than the colours right now becaus I haven't paid for it/received it yet: blue pink stripe on one side and a blue microcheck on the other.