• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

2 in 1 ties!!! Wearable on both sides!!

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How can it be wearable on both sides? Do they not have little hoops things for you to put the skinny end of the tie through? That's essential for me...why do so few men even bother using them I wonder.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird. Wouldn't the big fat reverse end versus the usual skinny end be a problem?

I guess a positive would be that you'd have one less tie to pack when travelling, though I don't think a single tie takes up much space.

Negatives are the fact that you'd have to like both patterns to purchase the tie, as well as the retail price of $230 (Don't regular Zegna ties retail for about $120-140 anyway? I don't really see any 'value', it's more of a novelty item to me)

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
Weird. Wouldn't the big fat reverse end versus the usual skinny end be a problem?

I guess a positive would be that you'd have one less tie to pack when travelling, though I don't think a single tie takes up much space.

Negatives are the fact that you'd have to like both patterns to purchase the tie, as well as the retail price of $230 (Don't regular Zegna ties retail for about $120-140 anyway?)

Yeah, I was so excited I didn't note those issues. But I guess if you don't mind not having a loop for the thin tie end, not being able to make a proper tie knot, and paying twice the usual Zegna retail price, then these ties might be a good idea and a good value!!

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
I have a Zegna Twin that's dark salmon pink on one side and brown with pink stripes on the other. It's much easier to tie than you'd think, though you have to take care to dimple the back side to train it to dimple properly when you tie it in front.

I've become a veritable tie celebrity among the women at work because of this tie. Sometimes I get requests from girls to wear it on certain days. On days I'm wearing it, the news spreads. Very interesting experiment in tracking which girls talk about you. I'm lucky they happen to be a good-looking crowd.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Massimo Bizzocchi did a few of these back in 2001 or so. They looked sharp actually.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
I have a Zegna Twin that's dark salmon pink on one side and brown with pink stripes on the other. It's much easier to tie than you'd think, though you have to take care to dimple the back side to train it to dimple properly when you tie it in front.

I've become a veritable tie celebrity among the women at work because of this tie. Sometimes I get requests from girls to wear it on certain days. On days I'm wearing it, the news spreads. Very interesting experiment in tracking which girls talk about you. I'm lucky they happen to be a good-looking crowd.

I'd like to be a veritable tie celebrity too! Especially among the women at work. But what do you do without a tie keeper loop to put the back end through?

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hermes used to offer a 4in1 wool knit tie with a flat bottom.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I got mine for quite a bit cheaper. I can't tell you much more than the colours right now becaus I haven't paid for it/received it yet: blue pink stripe on one side and a blue microcheck on the other.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40