1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

2 breast pockets on a tailored men's suit jacket

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GuyWith2Pockets, Aug 14, 2009.

1. GuyWith2Pockets

GuyWith2Pockets New Member

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of or seen a tailored men's suit jacket with breast pockets on both sides (i.e. symmetrical pockets on both sides of the jacket)??

2. Kentishman

Kentishman Senior member

Don't think so – only ever seen this kind of thing on (casual) safari-type jackets.

3. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of or seen a tailored men's suit jacket with breast pockets on both sides (i.e. symmetrical pockets on both sides of the jacket)??

How about you? Have you ever heard of or seen a tailored men's suit jacket with breast pockets on both sides (i.e. symmetrical pockets on both sides of the jacket)??

4. RyJ Maduro

RyJ Maduro Senior member

Hi everyone,

Given your user name, I would think you've seen (and are, perhaps wearing,) such a jacket.

5. Rudi

Rudi Senior member

Hi everyone,

Billy Reid had a few sportcoats from this season that had what you are describing. I don't know about suits though.

6. GuyWith2Pockets

GuyWith2Pockets New Member

Given your user name, I would think you've seen (and are, perhaps wearing,) such a jacket.

Well observed. You are indeed correct. I'm currently getting a suit made with the described pockets. I was actually just hoping to see if anyone knew of any designers that have implemented this style in the past. Reference photos would be of particular use [​IMG]

7. Despos

What style of pockets are you talking about? What is the overall jacket style to be?
    Have seen pics from 40's & 50's of two breast pockets with flaps, no patch, just flaps.

Most unusual thing I've done is put the breast pocket on the right front, not the left, for a left handed fellow.

8. Kentishman

Kentishman Senior member

Most unusual thing I've done is put the breast pocket on the right front, not the left, for a left handed fellow.

Sounds sinister...

9. Will

Will Senior member Dubiously Honored

Not all that unusual on tweed odd jackets but I've never seen it on a suit jacket.

10. Despos

Sounds sinister...

It was one of those "This is my own look kind of thing and no one really notices." Everything else was very classicly styled and fitted.

11. Zenny

Zenny Senior member

I've seen pictures of double breasted jackets with 2 breast pockets, patch.

12. Sebastian

Sebastian Senior member

I've seen pictures of double breasted jackets with 2 breast pockets, patch.

Really?
    You don't happen to have the pic? Sounds interesting, to say the least...

13. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Not all that unusual on tweed odd jackets but I've never seen it on a suit jacket.

Double patch (often flapped) is sometimes done on a Norfolk jacekt. I think double welt would look awful on any kind of jacket.

14. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

Hi everyone,

I have seen that in old movies from the 40's and 50's and they looked fine in the context of those movies but may look strange today.

15. eMacPaul

eMacPaul Senior member

Sounds sinister...

Such left-handed comments will not be tolerated!

16. GBR

GBR Senior member

Are you looking for comments to justify what you have already bought judging by your adoptive name.

Otherwise NEVER.

17. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

You bastard!

18. JonHecht

JonHecht Senior member

I saw a pseudo-military suit in Montreal that fits the description. It was a beautiful suit, but I couldn't think of a single occasion at which it would be appropriate to wear.

19. Kentishman

Kentishman Senior member

[​IMG]

20. Robert Glenn

Robert Glenn Well-Known Member

I have seen two chest pockets in a sports jacket, Blazer, but when it comes to suit jacket, the chest pocket is the traditional and premier choice!