• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

$2,000 for Briefcase

Dandy Wonka

Reaction score
Recently received a Tod's Grained Leather briefcase (http://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/tods/grained-leather-briefcase/604098) from my wife for a birthday gift. I love the briefcase, but I need something a bit larger for a computer and my tendency for carrying a lot of files, iPad, etc.

The Tod's was $2,000 before tax, but I'm willing to spend more to find something i like. I have a satchel style bag right now and am looking for something different. Am debating stepping up to a Berluti Deux Jours, but not sure I can stomach the $3,850 price tag.

Any thoughts?

Thanks all!
I have the Berluti Deux Jours. Love it. Did't realise it was that much.

BTW, I also have a Berluti Scientifique. It's bigger and more distinctive. I always get good comments from people when I use it.

PMC

Reaction score
Resurrecting an old thread. Cool looking briefcase in post #15. What is it?

rwtc

Reaction score
Berluti un jour / deux jour most likely

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Resurrecting an old thread. Cool looking briefcase in post #15. What is it?
That's Berluti. You can usually spot a Berluti because they often have a painted-on faux patination.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That's Berluti. You can usually spot a Berluti because they often have a painted-on faux patination.
The growth marks look real (to me) at least, looks like best quality neck! Do you mean the patination round the edge though?

Awful looking handle though IMO

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The growth marks look real (to me) at least, looks like best quality neck! Do you mean the patination round the edge though?

Awful looking handle though IMO
Yea, I mean the darkening around the edges.

It's a signature of theirs.

deux-jours-leather-briefcase-brown-berluti_3.jpeg
c1aa455f-d13d-45a3-ac4d-0e0d25e510d1.jpeg
brown-berluti-venezia-scritto-leather-deux-jour-briefcase.jpeg

For some reason, their faux patination reminds me of the interior decor of those Italian restaurants that start every meal with a free basket of infinite breadsticks.

fresh-breads.jpeg

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Faux/schmo...
Those things are gorgeous.
I want one, and a pair of matching Andys to go with it.
Briefcase looks like the menu page for a video game that takes place in the 1700s

parchment-background-free-with-burnt-paper-edge-thumb47.png

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yea, I mean the darkening around the edges.

It's a signature of theirs.

View attachment 1647183View attachment 1647184View attachment 1647185

For some reason, their faux patination reminds me of the interior decor of those Italian restaurants that start every meal with a free basket of infinite breadsticks.

View attachment 1647186
lol at the bread!

I notice none of their own product photos are massively growth marky like the original #15 photo. Funny that! At least you can see it comes from a cow and it hasn’t got a layer of pigment over the top though, even if it’s the cheapest cut of leather they could find

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
lol at the bread!

I notice none of their own product photos are massively growth marky like the original #15 photo. Funny that! At least you can see it comes from a cow and it hasn’t got a layer of pigment over the top though, even if it’s the cheapest cut of leather they could find
The exact experience of the spaghetti you see on the menu versus the spaghetti they bring out at those "free breadstsicks" restaurants

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.