• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1970s(?) Ely Denim Jacket. Anyone familiar with this brand?

truestorytravis

Reaction score
I found an Ely denim jacket in a vintage shop a few weeks ago; it was dry or one rinse, pretty sure it's one rinse. It's got an interesting tri-color selvage--part indigo, part white and part light blue. It's not particularly well constructed, but the denim is nice and has enough inconsistencies in the weave to make it worth wearing for a long time to see how it will turn out.

The style seems to be some kind of combination of Levi's, Lee and Wrangler. It's got all snap buttons, two chest pockets (square, slightly pointed at the bottom), two "hand" pockets (slash pockets), no inside pockets, a pleat in the front on each side of the buttons (a la Levi's first jackets, I believe) and is a very nice deep indigo color (so nice, I almost don't want to wear it in!).

If anyone knows anything about this jacket or about Ely in general, I would be very interested to find out a little more. I did a Google search and didn't come up with much and I didn't see many items on Ebay. Anything you know would be appreciated. Thanks very much!

ps. I would post pictures, but I'm stuck on a laughable slow dial-up connection and I don't want to waste an hour or more of my life uploading pictures. If I have an opportunity to post pics before interest in this thread wanes, I'll do it. Sorry about the lack of pics.

truestorytravis

Reaction score
Nope, that's not the one; that looks more like a Levi's copy. I didn't know there was an Ely-Dior collab. Interesting. . . I'm going to start the process of putting some pictures up. It might be a while, but I would really like more information on this jacket and if pics will help, then so be it.

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
TST, there isn't an Ely x Dior collaboration...it's beefcake being, well, a beefcake.
smile.gif
Please post the pics (slowly or not!), i'd love to see some images of the jacket. Though i haven't much info to contribute regarding the item itself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads