• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940's UK Dack shoe design's

GavinDack

Reaction score
Hello all

Was not sure where to post this Thread. I am looking for any information into Dack shoes from back in the 1940's Leicester UK and not the well known Matthew Dack shoes. Basically I am a Dack and my grandfather (Leo Thomas John Dack) who passed before my time was a shoe inventor, designer and manufacturer.

I have been passed down some of the designs over the years and was hoping to learn some history if anyone here would know of any. My father also passed when I was young so I don't really have anyone to ask. I have found US patents in my grandfathers name on google too.

Please see below for some of the airbrushed / brush painted designs I have.

Sorry if this comes across as an odd post but was told a few members on here are vintage shoes collectors so was wondering if anyone has any information no matter how big or small.

Any information would be very much appreciated or any ideas of what I could do to retrieve more information.

IMG_9926.jpeg

IMG_9927 2.jpeg

IMG_9928.jpeg

IMG_9929.jpeg

IMG_9930.jpeg

IMG_9931.jpeg

IMG_9932.jpeg

IMG_9931 2.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads