1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

$1800 budget for custom/MTM suit for wedding GO!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by candyspan, Apr 8, 2013.

1. candyspan

candyspan Active Member

After almost being taken by a very shady "bespoke" fit company I've decided to ask the gurus on SF for some advice on where I'd be able to get the best suit made for my wedding with fairly decent cloth. I, of course, would love Dormeuil mohair since my wedding is in the middle of July, and outside. But I know that's likely out of the question presuming my budget, and the fact that I'd like to deal with a reputable tailor. So I come humbly, asking for advice on two fronts.

One, are there other mohair cloths (Scabal, etc) that may be of a high enough mohair blend to give me the breathable properties I so want in the Dormeuil Super Brio tonic. The super brio I believe is 60% mohair, and 40% worsted wool. Of course I'm choosing mohair because of its ability to be lightly woven, but still drape and hold it's shape than a suit made of a very light weight wool.

Second, what tailors in NYC and the surrounding boroughs do the forum members recommend? Or are there any forum members who would like to create the suit?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I've been researching this for a couple of months now, and it's a good thing because it kept me away from some false advertising from an advertisement I saw on Groupon. Not saying that all of Groupon is bad, but the circumstances in this case were.

Thank you,

2. comrade

comrade Senior member