• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$180.00 Custom Tailored Suit Pics

Knyteguy

Reaction score
Hello all, I've been lurking this forum for a little bit; finally decided to join since I got my Suits today! One Black One Navy 4 Trousers (two each) Both are 3 button, and combined they cost $360.00 USD. Thailand has some EXCELLENT prices on suits! One of these would have cost me upwards of $1,000 USD stateside. And they came with 5 tailored shirts, and 2 silk ties to boot; can't beat that. Here's a picture of the black, navy looks equally clean IMO. Lemme know what you think; definitely want opinions! *UPDATE*: More pics here http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...2&postcount=52

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's such a real shame, you should have paid $220 and you could have gotten the highest grade Super 220s wool.
bounce2.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
You look like ******* AJ from the backstreet boys circa 1995, I want to knock the pubes right off your face. At least it's a unique look to distinguish you from the other pedophiles in Thailand. Somewhere, there's an 8-year-old boy who will never trust another man in a suit again.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
too early for me on a Sat. morning to be on SF. I thought the thread said $180,000 Custom Tailored Suit, following on the heels of the $9K RLPL suit.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knyteguy...thanks for posting a pic

Don't fall for the salesman's marketing that its a "Super 180". The standards are so lax now on Supers coming out of China and Korea, that its the unsuspecting consumer that gets suckered. Value priced end bolt English made Super 180 goes for $360 per meter. Your suits likely required 11 meters of this stuff at a theoretical cost of $4000 for cloth alone.

Its good you got 2 trousers per suit since Super 180 cloth is not known for its longevity. Its the type of suit to wear once a month as the Super 180 wears away. A Huddersfield, England, cloth in a Super 90 in 12-13 ounces is the bulletproof type of cloth one should consider in longevity.

I would take the shirt back for further fitting as the neck appears so tight that you can't even button it. The combo of an unbuttoned shirt and loosened tie might look cool around 10 p.m. but otherwise just looks...disappointing.

Knyteguy

Reaction score
Keep hatin' and be jealous mother F***ers; especially you Eason, post a picture of yourself if you wanna play this game. But you won't, you'll hide behind your computer like the ******* douche bag ***** you are. This is 100% truth, 11,000 THB (Thai Baht) divided by 35 (USD Conversion Rate). http://www.bigbossfashions.com/ is my tailor.

I honestly wanted some opinions on the suit, but if y'all are gonna be asshats, then **** off. I definitely don't need your acceptance haha.

lightsaber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
You look like ******* AJ from the backstreet boys circa 1995, I want to knock the pubes right off your face. At least it's a unique look to distinguish you from the other pedophiles in Thailand. Somewhere, there's an 8-year-old boy who will never trust another man in a suit again.

What I like about this forum compared to the London Lounge is that it has so much civility and class.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Everybody says they want opinions, but as soon as they get called pedophiles it's all OOH NOO WUTEVA HATERZ.

Knyteguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Knyteguy...thanks for posting a pic Don't fall for the salesman's marketing that its a "Super 180". The standards are so lax now on Supers coming out of China and Korea, that its the unsuspecting consumer that gets suckered. Value priced end bolt English made Super 180 goes for $360 per meter. Your suits likely required 11 meters of this stuff at a theoretical cost of $4000 for cloth alone. Its good you got 2 trousers per suit since Super 180 cloth is not known for its longevity. Its the type of suit to wear once a month as the Super 180 wears away. A Huddersfield, England, cloth in a Super 90 in 12-13 ounces is the bulletproof type of cloth one should consider in longevity. I would take the shirt back for further fitting as the neck appears so tight that you can't even button it. The combo of an unbuttoned shirt and loosened tie might look cool around 10 p.m. but otherwise just looks...disappointing.
Thanks Michael. He actually told me after the fact it was 180; it might be BS but it does have a certain gleam to it. I'm happy even if it isn't though. Yea about the the tie n shirt, is it standard to button the very top button? I have never worn a tie that wasn't clip on before today (and that's when I was a very young child) so I'm a little new with it. I tried to tighten the knot on the Windsor, but it makes the small tapered end pop out from the side. Perhaps it's also why the tie is coming up about 3" short from belt line as well. Thanks again for the opinion and advice, I appreciate it. Cheers, Tony

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only see one picture was there more pics? From what I could tell (pic is a little fuzzy) it looks ok but I don't like the lapels it looks short.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads