• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sandman1983

Reaction score
@NickPollica you have got me truly addicted to this ****. just picked up the last pair of navy ikat shorts with the sand cap though the temperature is dropping here lol!

oh wells..there is always summer next year.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just have to say I'm getting triggered by all the IG shots of shirts/sweaters on small metal hangers.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I just have to say I'm getting triggered by all the IG shots of shirts/sweaters on small metal hangers.

Haha - if you order something that comes in one of the bigger bags we’ll send you one (they don’t fit in the small bags).

When thinking about the studio hangers, we didn’t have time to get what we wanted to originally make done in time, so we decided to riff on the classic laundry hanger (which turned out to be more of a nightmare than developing something more substantial). That said, it was fun to play around with this entirely subjective “objectively good” concept we’ve been discussing internally for a while.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha - if you order something that comes in one of the bigger bags we’ll send you one (they don’t fit in the small bags).

When thinking about the studio hangers, we didn’t have time to get what we wanted to originally make done in time, so we decided to riff on the classic laundry hanger (which turned out to be more of a nightmare than developing something more substantial). That said, it was fun to play around with this entirely subjective “objectively good” concept we’ve been discussing internally for a while.

My worry is more that (especially those lovely sweaters) will get stretched out and get those sad shoulder bumps!

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My worry is more that (especially those lovely sweaters) will get stretched out and get those sad shoulder bumps!

Sweaters will get stretched on any hanger. We cycle them so they don’t stay on too long.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweaters will get stretched on any hanger. We cycle them so they don’t stay on too long.

Trigger averted. I saw some of those wainscott aran sweaters hanging on those metal hangers, stretching before the shoulder and my heart skipped a beat. I think I've worn mine more than all the other sweaters in my wardrobe combined since last year. So damn cool, and I especially appreciate the yak wool. :)

That being said, I've dropped some fair money on oversized wooden hangers to protect my jackets/sweaters (kirby allison's hanger project has some really nice ones that go out to 23") and have not had any stretch issues with them.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
When is the Innis meain drop?

Looking like November. Tarlach texted me yesterday complaining about how much extra time the additional handwork is taking on our version of the Martain Beag. For those unfamiliar with that style, it is their mock neck guernsey that has two ladders, often hand-embroidered in a contrast color in the front yoke. It always drove me crazy that this embroidery didn’t extend over the shoulder completely to the ladder on the back. Ours does, further it has a wider crewneck collar with a rolled edge in place of the button placket mock neck, though we’ve moved the beautiful hand knitted contrast button loops from the placket to the sweater’s cuffs.

Last edited:

mrjbeee

Reaction score
Looking like November. Tarlach texted me yesterday complaining that about how much extra time the additional handwork is taking on our version of the Martain Beag. For those unfamiliar with that style, it is their mock neck guernsey that has two ladders, often hand-embroidered in a contrast color in the front yoke. It always drove me crazy that this embroidery didn’t extend over the shoulder completely to the ladder on the back. Ours does, further it has a wider crewneck collar with a rolled edge in place of the button placket mock neck, though we’ve moved the beautiful hand knitted contrast button loops from the placket to the sweater’s cuffs.
More time to put bread on the side for this drop.
????

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking like November. Tarlach texted me yesterday complaining about how much extra time the additional handwork is taking on our version of the Martain Beag. For those unfamiliar with that style, it is their mock neck guernsey that has two ladders, often hand-embroidered in a contrast color in the front yoke. It always drove me crazy that this embroidery didn’t extend over the shoulder completely to the ladder on the back. Ours does, further it has a wider crewneck collar with a rolled edge in place of the button placket mock neck, though we’ve moved the beautiful hand knitted contrast button loops from the placket to the sweater’s cuffs.
No buttons or other closure on the front?

Last edited:

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dibs on this

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
nope. Both styles we are running are pullovers with crewish-type necks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads