• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We restocked two more pairs of the Andrew McAteer’s incredible black loafers in the studio and online this weekend. One size 10, one 11.
55864C55-A874-4959-8B6A-A38404915875.jpeg

mcfly26

Reaction score
@NickPollica hey man, first order here - received confirmation of shipping on the 30th, but only the label was created as of now. Is that expected to take some time?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@NickPollica if we are in between sizes, should we size up or down?

For shoes? Size up.
@NickPollica hey man, first order here - received confirmation of shipping on the 30th, but only the label was created as of now. Is that expected to take some time?

DM me and we will figure it out. we’ve been having a some issues with both UPS and USPS actually picking up our pick up requests and we’ve had some trouble locating some of the archive stock people ordered.

everyday

Reaction score
Slang for looking fresh. I love this suit, my only gripe is that I had to take the waist in numerous times and it still either too big or stretches. Other than that it’s a great outfit.
Of the pant? I just belt mine and let it sag to my hip bones...

Also, this jacket looks very cool reversed. Wore it several times recently, maybe I’ll get a pic next time. Very cool vibe. Drip :p

ricebomb

Reaction score
Received the Charlotte Sherpa Fleece, which looks and feels great in hand, however, trying to make sure I nail the correct sizing for tops with 18 East (failed the first time with the Nomad; should have sized up one), and that it's the ideal fit. Wondering if I should stick with this size XS, or go one size up to Small for a looser/oversized fit. I'm usually kind of a tweener in sizes for tops (XS-Small). Wondering if I can get opinions! Thanks!

Attachments

• 20191007_131730.jpg
    20191007_131730.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 20191007_131841.jpg
    20191007_131841.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 20191007_113706.jpg
    20191007_113706.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 74

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the Charlotte Sherpa Fleece, which looks and feels great in hand, however, trying to make sure I nail the correct sizing for tops with 18 East (failed the first time with the Nomad; should have sized up one), and that it's the ideal fit. Wondering if I should stick with this size XS, or go one size up to Small for a looser/oversized fit. I'm usually kind of a tweener in sizes for tops (XS-Small). Wondering if I can get opinions! Thanks!

I think that fits fine, but a small would look a bit better. Plus, then you could layer it (sweatshirt, hoodie, flannel, etc).

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that fits fine, but a small would look a bit better. Plus, then you could layer it (sweatshirt, hoodie, flannel, etc).

If that is XS, a small looks like it would be too long in the sleeves and too overextended in the shoulders. If you want to layer, why don’t you try layering and posting a new picture before deciding?

ricebomb

Reaction score

Good point! I didn't really think about layering underneath since where I live doesn't get that cold to begin with, but that would still be something good to consider, since I want that versatility to do so.

If that is XS, a small looks like it would be too long in the sleeves and too overextended in the shoulders. If you want to layer, why don’t you try layering and posting a new picture before deciding?

Duly noted! I attached pics to this post with a random oversized hoodie underneath the jacket (zipped and unzipped). Apologize in advance for the mess in the background and the dirty mirror; my lady is currently away and unable to take a fit pic for me, so had to mirror selfie it myself.

Attachments

• 20191007_145830.jpg
    20191007_145830.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 20191007_145912.jpg
    20191007_145912.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 20191007_150038.jpg
    20191007_150038.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 105

RXS09

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fits you fine. don't overthink it

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ricebomb I would size up to a small unless you plan to wear it unzipped most of the time. Having a little extra length also wouldn't hurt.

mrjbeee

Reaction score
Who’s this bozo

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads