• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
catch me in these shorts the rest of the summer...

dkboze

Reaction score
It can be a lot of different things but it's often a balance of commercial performance, specificity of idea and what we believe in. The Khadi work suit for example, was highly specific to the inspiration to that drop and my colleague John Yang's baby. While I was dubious about it's potential, I was pleasantly surprised by it's performance. That said, it wasn’t such a smash hit that we would rethink our initial instinct to keep it a single season idea. On the flip side, there are things that have moved more slowly that we will give another go at because we think once people get their hands on them they'll realize what they've been missing (Dungri west chino fit comes to mind as it is amazing but only doing ok at the moment).

Thanks, love hearing about this side of it. Do you have discrete themes (like your colleagues baby) in mind for each drop that help keep things clear about what's a one off and what mind continue? Actually now I'm curious -- how does the baby connect to the work suit?

Sorry but that’s what it costs us to ship it there.

It should also be noted that garments made from our fabrics would cost 3-4x what they do in basically any other brand. Those two woven polos from drop four for example, would cost easily $700 if they had a bode or dries label on them.

along these lines, how is this stuff so much cheaper? is it all because you're solely direct to consumer and don't have to worry about undercutting retail pricing like say bode does?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think he meant that the suit was his colleague's figurative baby - it was his project that he really wanted to see to fruition.

dkboze

Reaction score
I think he meant that the suit was his colleague's figurative baby - it was his project that he really wanted to see to fruition.

right. of course. i'm gonna show myself out now :oops:

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the white gauzeback pants and they are awesome. Unbelievably airy and light. Haven't put them through the wash yet but excited to do so, and definitely a distinctly different pant compared to the dungri chino which is more substantial but also has much cleaner lines (at least on me). I'll post pics of my pair once its washed and dried.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of new to following 18east but really digging it so far. Is the fleece zip vest something that comes back seasonally? Would love a chance to get one

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea the vest will be back in the fall. Pretty sure this will be the next one released:

D4_002.jpg

They have this one releasing in a jacket (same pattern as the other style vest except as a jacket):

D4_005.jpg

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Black/white/khaki group will be in september. LOTS more fleece slated for fall (we custom milled colors).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads