• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mrjbeee

Reaction score
When I die, bury me inside of 18 East

Attachments

• 5AFE45BB-4A7A-4D2B-810B-EEA3AD068C35.jpeg
    5AFE45BB-4A7A-4D2B-810B-EEA3AD068C35.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 104

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
I'm interested in picking up the Julian shirt in Madder or Ochre if anyone has any pics. I can't decide on which color...

faue

Reaction score
Is there an 18East BST thread? Moving soon and looking to downsize. Have a M floral band collar from drop 2 I believe that I’d like to rehome.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@NickPollica I get some feeling that you get inspiration from the great outdoors. What are some of the things you'd be caught wearing if on a hike? I know there was that navy turtleneck knit with the reinforced shoulders for carrying backpack the first season or two.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** yea, so good. I think I need to get my khadi bomber tailored or something because the fit is a bit off. Yours is looking great.
I agree this does look great! In IMO the reason it looks so good is the oversized fit. I’m not sure tailoring is going to help you with that, although I don’t know you body type of course.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree this does look great! In IMO the reason it looks so good is the oversized fit. I’m not sure tailoring is going to help you with that, although I don’t know you body type of course.

The problem on mine is how everything lines up with the shoulders. It's still oversized but I feel like I could use a little more space in the upper back (too much gym maybe). Not sure if tailoring will help but I figure it's worth a shot. I really like the piece.

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If this is the “reappropriated” version of this fabric BA83DF5A-CCD1-4EA5-991D-FA980665DA0D.jpeg

Then it looks like Sid Mashburn possibly selling the “appropriated” version
2ABC48E5-EE8B-48D2-BA02-5B2A1489D586.jpeg

It would be interesting to hear more about the reappropriation process and the WomenWeave project and how 18 East works with them. The Andrew shirt is super nice, btw.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For owners of any of the hemp sweaters (or @NickPollica) - do you dry clean only, per the care instructions on the website, or can you hand wash?

Thought I'd try again - how do the owners of the hemp sweaters clean/care?

Also, does the hemp have stretch, say in comparison with Inis Meain linen sweaters?

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@NickPollica
Any plans for black pants in upcoming drops? Single pleat or something else? Been looking for a great pair of black pants.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If this is the “reappropriated” version of this fabric View attachment 1208269

Then it looks like Sid Mashburn possibly selling the “appropriated” version
View attachment 1208268

It would be interesting to hear more about the reappropriation process and the WomenWeave project and how 18 East works with them. The Andrew shirt is super nice, btw.

Yep. There’s is from a Biella mill and 100% machine woven linen. We brought ours to weavers in Colcutta and are doing it all by hand.
Thought I'd try again - how do the owners of the hemp sweaters clean/care?

Also, does the hemp have stretch, say in comparison with Inis Meain linen sweaters?

Dry clean. Not sure about IM linen sweaters but these are loosely knit so there is give.

@NickPollica
Any plans for black pants in upcoming drops? Single pleat or something else? Been looking for a great pair of black pants.

We had a colors of nature natural black dungri west chino that we cancelled due to production issues. The only other black pant we have is coming in September and is a whole different thing...
21E001C9-2C49-4952-AB39-E2AAECFEA7D8.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads