• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

YseanY

Reaction score
Don’t believe we tweaked the pattern just changed the scale but I have to check. If you bought the ikat ones they should fit the same. And yeah, they are the best pant. We’ve been discussing adding some length into them so that we can make them machine washable (if you throw them in the dryer right now they lose at least an inch in length). What is everyone’s thoughts here? I love them as is but the fabrics we use all improve with a wash and dry and it tweaks the fit to be summer specific i think. Further, we’ve got a....drum roll please....blazer in work that will make for amazing casual separates with the single pleat if we get it right. Before people go nuts, we have no plans on making tailoring you can wear to work (sorry Mitch).

I vote for added length. That was what kept me from trying a pair.

everyday

Reaction score
Added length for sure. Also “suits” with single pleat pants ... sold

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Antonio, please never change the cut of the single pleat. They are the perfect pants. This fabric is beautiful. I love the slub on the t shirt.

4A9D5359-A27B-4FA2-A6EA-E8BF09544796.jpeg

B36F4DB2-8198-480F-B464-875BE6BDE231.jpeg

My crap phone severely lightened the color (it’s actually a beautiful navy) but this gives a great idea of the subtle pattern.

52A6F618-FBCC-46F3-ABE4-0945D57CDDC1.jpeg

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You should see how amazing that fabric gets after a wash/dry. The gauze on the back doesn’t really “activate” until then but it gets more 3D and incredible without adding weight. Hard to describe but basically one of the best S/S fabrics I’ve ever found. That said I wouldn’t recommend unless you are cool with losing at least 1” in length. We will figure this out. In the meantime, we are running it again in sand and tobacco next spring in a new silhouette which is a hybrid of the belted easy pant from the first drop (internal drawstring and no belt) and the fit of Rothco classic cargos (relaxed top block and leg opening with a sight taper, drawcords at the hem). Oh and the tobacco one gets a matching blazer.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha now I’m even more confused. Should I take the same size in the drop 5 single pleats as the drop 2 khadi tweed single pleat?

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should see how amazing that fabric gets after a wash/dry. The gauze on the back doesn’t really “activate” until then but it gets more 3D and incredible without adding weight. Hard to describe but basically one of the best S/S fabrics I’ve ever found. That said I wouldn’t recommend unless you are cool with losing at least 1” in length. We will figure this out. In the meantime, we are running it again in sand and tobacco next spring in a new silhouette which is a hybrid of the belted easy pant from the first drop (internal drawstring and no belt) and the fit of Rothco classic cargos (relaxed top block and leg opening with a sight taper, drawcords at the hem). Oh and the tobacco one gets a matching blazer.

I’m going to give it that a shot. I actually cuff the pants because I like a bit of crop on these and I wear them on my hips. Shorter would be ok by me.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Found my tobacco suit.

jlchau

Reaction score
Antonio, please never change the cut of the single pleat. They are the perfect pants. This fabric is beautiful. I love the slub on the t shirt.

My crap phone severely lightened the color (it’s actually a beautiful navy) but this gives a great idea of the subtle pattern.
View attachment 1205935

Can you or @NickPollica describe or explain "gauze back" ?

mrjbeee

Reaction score

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t believe we tweaked the pattern just changed the scale but I have to check. If you bought the ikat ones they should fit the same. And yeah, they are the best pant. We’ve been discussing adding some length into them so that we can make them machine washable (if you throw them in the dryer right now they lose at least an inch in length). What is everyone’s thoughts here? I love them as is but the fabrics we use all improve with a wash and dry and it tweaks the fit to be summer specific i think. Further, we’ve got a....drum roll please....blazer in work that will make for amazing casual separates with the single pleat if we get it right. Before people go nuts, we have no plans on making tailoring you can wear to work (sorry Mitch).
Who, moi?

I work from home so I spend like 40% of my day wearing Indian pajama pants and a $75 tee that shrunk in the dryer.

everyday

Reaction score
Man I really love the belted pants from the first drop. Would love to see it come back sometime. Super stoked about the new single pleats though, can’t wait to get mine.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you or @NickPollica describe or explain "gauze back" ?
It is a double face fabric with a lightweight cotton herringbone on the front and a plain weave gauze on the inside. When washed and dried with heat, the two fabrics shrink differently (tighten at different rates) giving them increased dimension (kind of like how bread rises, which sounds weird but in this case is beautiful).

As for sizing, I would look at the size charts and comare with what you already have, noting that styles with an elastic waist are measured without stretching out the elastic so they will always appear smaller.

Who, moi?

I work from home so I spend like 40% of my day wearing Indian pajama pants and a $75 tee that shrunk in the dryer.

We are making progress.

Man I really love the belted pants from the first drop. Would love to see it come back sometime. Super stoked about the new single pleats though, can’t wait to get mine.

Those were definitely a one and done type deal but this new pant feels like that, just perfected.

mrjbeee

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the Julian shirt? Consensus on wearing it relaxed or fitted? I’m usually an L or XL and picked up the medium because specs were more my cup of tea and the length is perfect, but the body is more fitted.

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of my order arrived today. Still waiting on my navy sweats which I put in a second order for. Quick thoughts before I run out to a festival. Julian Madder Shirt is great. I ordered my true to size medium and it wasn’t as oversized as I expected. Drapes well. Color isn’t as saturated as I expected, but I dig it. Blue Bilal polo is great as expected. Love the hand embroidery. Going to wear the hell out of this and the navy polo this spring. I think I actually like the embroidered better. The white single pleats are super comfortable! I’m not sure if I can pull off the white pant look though. I’ve bought them in the past and never really wore them. I’m thinking about returning and picking up the navy. I’ll post some fit pics tonight if I get the chance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads