• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The inseam measurements are slightly misleading as the rise is substantially longer than most pants that have a 30-32” inseam. I’m roughly 6’4” and wear the L. They sit on my hips with a belt and have a slightly drop crotch, slightly cropped look. This is the intention. If we extend the inseam we would need to shorten the rise. The biggest issue is getting across the concept of alteration at this price point. We deliberately designed the pant with a split back waist band so that taking the waist in would be easy if a slouched look is not something that works for you. Most of the returns have just said they are too big in the waist.

These are probably floating around so sorry for being lazy, but do you have any pictures of you in them?

We're the same height and I've shied away from your pants because I assumed they were too short.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
These are probably floating around so sorry for being lazy, but do you have any pictures of you in them?

We're the same height and I've shied away from your pants because I assumed they were too short.

Here’s the army cord and the khadi twill. The picture of Sudan that we used on the product page really nails it though. He’s 6’2 or 3 and wearing a medium. They’re roomy through the waist so they fall to his hips (plumber’s crack is only a problem if you wear short shirts and no underwear...). I think this looks great. The comment about relaxing about how clothes fit is valid in my mind. Too many people - and many that frequent this site - treat getting dressed like a math equation they can solve. And it shows. I would actually argue that this mentality is a big part of what killed tailoring, spawning normcore and brands like vetements. Many of the guys wearing this stuff were wearing sport coats and knit ties in 2013.

FACD58AF-CAE3-4F93-8B4B-123AA3F19A64.jpeg
0CDA5A9B-4B55-407D-BE91-E8A4BFD1525F.png
21BFFDFF-3591-4656-9DE3-C5BA4B8EA5D9.png

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s the army cord and the khadi twill. The picture of Sudan that we used on the product page really nails it though. He’s 6’2 or 3 and wearing a medium. They’re roomy through the waist so they fall to his hips (plumber’s crack is only a problem if you wear short shirts and no underwear...). I think this looks great. The comment about relaxing about how clothes fit is valid in my mind. Too many people - and many that frequent this site - treat getting dressed like a math equation they can solve. And it shows. I would actually argue that this mentality is a big part of what killed tailoring, spawning normcore and brands like vetements. Many of the guys wearing this stuff were wearing sport coats and knit ties in 2013.

View attachment 1119397 View attachment 1119398 View attachment 1119399

This makes me really want the cords. Hoping for a restock of small or mediums. What jacket are you wearing here?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
No restocks but that pant is coming in lots more fabrics in the next couple drops.

You’ll see that jacket coming next fall in a custom milled Donegal tweed from Molloy and Sons...

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No restocks but that pant is coming in lots more fabrics in the next couple drops.

You’ll see that jacket coming next fall in a custom milled Donegal tweed from Molloy and Sons...
Looking forward to that! Thanks!

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well these looks are impossible where I'm at. But sportcoats are still so rare that I can wear them endlessly. I agree though 18 East isn't Eidos and people should just accept this isn't about classical styles.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Okay, that makes sense. I guess I'm just used to wearing them higher up (closer to my natural waist). I'm 6'3" and worn like that, they came up to almost mid-shin. I just tried them on again and left them at the hips, and it's not bad. It's just something to get used to. Thanks!

Last edited:

ArrPegLegacy

Reaction score
Is there anyone here that normally wears size 34 pants that has the pajama pants? what size do you have? and what is the inseam?

thanks

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't comparing 18 East to Eidos nor do I want it to be like nor fit like Eidos. I was just saying that I found 18 East sizing to be inconsistent (as seen with people getting different sizes in the tops) as some pieces are made oversized and others slim. I was just asking for sizing to be more consistent.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Through drop three this silhouette was designed to be worn low on the hips, not the natural waist (though with the split-back waistband, they can easily be brought in if that's your preference). As a lifelong skater, it's how I've worn any pants that weren't "trousers" for basically my whole life. That said, just got out of the fitting tweaked the fit going forward to be a more standard tts waist going forward.

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Through drop three this silhouette was designed to be worn low on the hips, not the natural waist (though with the split-back waistband, they can easily be brought in if that's your preference). As a lifelong skater, it's how I've worn any pants that weren't "trousers" for basically my whole life. That said, just got out of the fitting tweaked the fit going forward to be a more standard tts waist going forward.

Can you design a pant that completely hides a dad gut or is that beyond sartorial science ATM?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads