• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Makes sense.

Gotta admit my visceral gut reaction is I’ll never buy anything ever again though. Too big a risk for me. Measurements help. But With about 1,000 miles between me and where the nearest potential place I could try something on (maybe) or determine if I actually liked it IRL, the barrier is too high and I’d psyche myself out of a purchase most likely.

But hey I’m not your customer, really, so my dollars aren’t really at stake anyway. Though if somebody gifted me that turtleneck or paid off our son’s birth at the hospital with the only condition being I have to buy the turtleneck I wouldn’t complain.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Makes sense.

Gotta admit my visceral gut reaction is I’ll never buy anything ever again though. Too big a risk for me. Measurements help. But With about 1,000 miles between me and where the nearest potential place I could try something on (maybe) or determine if I actually liked it IRL, the barrier is too high and I’d psyche myself out of a purchase most likely.

But hey I’m not your customer, really, so my dollars aren’t really at stake anyway. Though if somebody gifted me that turtleneck or paid off our son’s birth at the hospital with the only condition being I have to buy the turtleneck I wouldn’t complain.

That same turtleneck would have cost at least $200 more at Eidos and you and I would be in the same place we are now with a lot less people able to enjoy it.

Creasy729

Reaction score
I'm totally with realistic shipping charges and customer-paid returns. There's a cost for everything, and I don't mind paying for those privileges.

However, overly-strict return windows and returns for only store credit are where I get lost, as both make me significantly weary of trying something out, particularly where measurements are not necessarily provided in the ordinary course.

I feel like there's a middle ground that's being neglected here.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm totally with realistic shipping charges and customer-paid returns. There's a cost for everything, and I don't mind paying for those privileges.

However, overly-strict return windows and returns for only store credit are where I get lost, as both make me significantly weary of trying something out, particularly where measurements are not necessarily provided in the ordinary course.

I feel like there's a middle ground that's being neglected here.

Our return policy is not unusual - its actually quite common if you look at many small brands' own web stores as opposed to multi-brand retailers. It is clearly laid out on our site and if there is some concern about getting something back to us before the 14 day window ends, reach out within the window. As for measurements, we included them for drop two as soon as we updated our policy and we will have them for all styles going forward. We'll also include the measurements of the actual model on the site. Finally and as always, I am here, on email and on Instagram to answer any questions you may have about anything we make. Hopefully this helps to make sizing less of an issue.

PS: We pay for shipping on domestic returns.

Last edited:

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of us admit it.

h9972A1C9

You could add $15 to the price of any of these garments and no one would balk at it. Then EVERYONE, regardless of whether they returned a garment or not, would be subsidizing those who did. You still pay these costs at retailers who offer "free" shipping - it's just baked into the product.

slimster

Reaction score
Well, good luck spending that store credit, there’s a whole three items left as soon as Drop 1 is removed.

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, in the positive vibes category: I bought a jungle jacket that turned out a size too large ~ but kept it and still keeping it b.c somehow these 18e fits work oversized and even over-oversized. Rebirth of the slouch.

My own modus operanda is "good ideas emerge through turbulence" (it's the check we write to make feedback possible) but, man, folks here keep their knives drawn. In the spirit of the jungle jacket tapestry: peace!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads