• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like what I’ve seen from the sneak peaks on insta and I’m interested to see where this goes. I’ve never really followed Eidos, so I was wondering if I missed when this 18E collection is shown?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with your assessment of IG fits, but stand by my statement. Most people on SF would do what you suggest unsuccessfully.
I don't disagree with this, but I would rather see an interesting failure than a boring success. It's also the way for people to develop their own style. Unfortunately, and this goes for a lot of other endeavors as well, a lot of people will think that they have arrived when they have really just started.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I like what I’ve seen from the sneak peaks on insta and I’m interested to see where this goes. I’ve never really followed Eidos, so I was wondering if I missed when this 18E collection is shown?

Outside of what I've previewed on instagram, I've only shown sketches to a handful of friends in the industry so you haven't missed anything at this point. Shooting the lookbook and ecomm images on the 19th and 20th so there should be plenty of good BTS stuff on IG.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Outside of what I've previewed on instagram, I've only shown sketches to a handful of friends in the industry so you haven't missed anything at this point. Shooting the lookbook and ecomm images on the 19th and 20th so there should be plenty of good BTS stuff on IG.
Thanks for that. I'll keep an eye on the brand, for sure. Good luck with the endeavor

everyday

Reaction score
I agree with your assessment of IG fits, but stand by my statement. Most people on SF would do what you suggest unsuccessfully.

Unsuccessful by who's standards? I wear what I like, have and continually develop my own style, but I don't really post pictures of myself here or on IG. If I did, maybe you would call it unsuccessful, by the same arbitrary, committee-style standard lamented earlier, no? After all, you have to see the person's personality to really get their style. A robopose-, mirrorselfie-, or magazine style professional photography shot curated specifically for SF or IG doesn't mean anything in real life where I wear my clothes.

TL;DR: I dress for myself (and my partner), not SF/IG.

John L

Reaction score
Seems slightly off topic guys.

Anyway, I'm pretty jacked for more casual shirts and fleece vests -- even if I don't need either.

Looks like some corduroy is sneaking around and a m-65 style jacket is floating in the periphery.

But, hey, by press release maybe they'll be the flagship pieces.

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@NickPollica just curious, but is 18 East a men's line under the Roller Rabbit brand? Noticed that you are doing fabric selection for RR as well, and I'm interested in that brand as well (for wife & kids)

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@NickPollica just curious, but is 18 East a men's line under the Roller Rabbit brand? Noticed that you are doing fabric selection for RR as well, and I'm interested in that brand as well (for wife & kids)

Yep. Roller Rabbit and 18 East are both entities of RRR Brands which is an artisan-focused multibrand platform created back in October. I am the creative director of RRR so I oversee creative for all existing and incoming brands. You all are going to go nuts when you find out what we plan to invest in next.

The insta stories look so goooooood

Thanks - was just about to say that we shot the ecomm images today and are shooting the campaign tomorrow so the best place to see previews of the first collection is via @akciongoli instagram stories

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
All about the stuff seen on insta so far, the kinda fleece half-zip thing with the print-zip pocket was great in that it was both familiar and different.

It’s funny but that vest has been the runaway hit from the previews so far. I’ve received an insane amount of requests about it. My guess is that style will end up being 18 East’s ragosta jacket.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@NickPollica
Is the red shirt you’re wearing on IG, with Young Iron Man begins you, a long sleeve shirt?
How about the dark brown?/indigo one with the paisley details?
Also, is the 18 East stuff going to show up as part of the RR website?
Finally, what’s the fabric on the green jacket with the pattened back?
I signed up for their newsletter just in case.
Can’t wait for September!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads