• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I’d argue if you’re looking for an 18 East adjacent tee a tight neck isn’t it. Our crewnecks have always been on the more open side. That said, LA Apparel’s heavyweight tee is probably what you are looking for - heavy, boxy with a neck that I think is too tight but many people really, really like.

Yeah I think the la apparel collar is a bit too high and tight. The everybody.world tees are more neutral.

ihrm4

Reaction score
Lady White Co is the best I've found so far but still looking for that perfect one, would prefer something a little heavier. I like that i can size up to a large and they dont look like a dress - I find that i cant find anything in a medium with the fit I'm looking for but then a large ends up being too long. slighty short if youre going TTS but perfect for me in a size up.

Mpls

Reaction score
Anyone have these Vetti pants?

I'm curious how they fit, they remind me of a favorite pair of denim EG Norwegian pants I've had for years, but look to be wide enough to fit over chunkier shoes or sneakers (these fit like a normal straight jean with a looser top block). I'm assuming I'm a small, normally wear 28-30 pants, but I can't imagine there being a dramatic difference between the medium based off the measurements.

I have these, they’re great. I’m normally a 32 and went with a M. The top block is snug (not uncomfortable) and then they’re very generous from the seat on down as you’d expect with a balloon pant. Plenty of room at the hem for chunky shoes or boots, no question.

Looking back at the size chart, I’m surprised to see 26/36 waist for the M. I’d cap it at 33; I think a TTS 34 would find these uncomfortablely snug in the waist. So as a 28-30 I think you’d be fine, they shouldn’t feel overly roomy at the top.

Mpls

Reaction score
@NickPollica I remember you saying that a lot of pieces used in shoots have been hot washed & tumble dried. Thoughts on that for the new handspun cotton canvas Sam shirts? Benefits character-wise, big shrinkage risk?

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@NickPollica I remember you saying that a lot of pieces used in shoots have been hot washed & tumble dried. Thoughts on that for the new handspun cotton canvas Sam shirts? Benefits character-wise, big shrinkage risk?
I haven’t wash/dried the Sam yet, but from my experience with other canvas khadi pieces, there’s minimal shrinkage and the material ages well. If anything I find the canvas khadi stretches out slightly with wear (probably more so with pants).

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my khadi jians. Material is really great. Will confirm these in XXL fit like my XL cable cord single pleats. Not sure if those ones were considered Jian. Glad I sized up though.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just received my khadi jians. Material is really great. Will confirm these in XXL fit like my XL cable cord single pleats. Not sure if those ones were considered Jian. Glad I sized up.

Tried these and the shelters on in the studio today then compared them one on top of the other. They fit the same in the top block now, which was the point. The main difference is the that the Jian has shorter inseam and more taper below the knee. That said, I would wear the same size for both and would absolutely recommend taking your usual alpha size if you are looking for them to be a well-fitting trouser.

jaaz16

Reaction score
Need to see more Jian fits! I love the top block of the shelter pants so I like the sound of them fitting similarly.

Also, previews in AKC's IG stories 👀

jaaz16

Reaction score
Is the top block of the shelter pant slimmer than other 18 East pants?

I only have double knees and goreckis to compare, and they're on par with the double knees. A little looser in the hip but tapered down through the thigh to the ankle. Any other brand would likely call them "straight fit".

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is the top block of the shelter pant slimmer than other 18 East pants?
The top block is narrower than the double knee. In general the fit of the shelter pant is really TTS - we developed it based on an industry standard fit. I don’t think you’ll find a pant out there that fits more “normal” without looking too skinny.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads