• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody here want to recommend some brands for t-shirts (non graphic) that synergize well w/ 18E? I've tried SI and the neck hole is too... big and loose (words fail me today, have at it). I guess I prefer a tighter neck...hole (ffs) but want a boxy fit. I missed out on the Jamals. Don't love the material on Uniqlo U, it's a little too coarse, but I do like a heavier tee. I know there have been countless articles written on the matter but they are generally from the perspective of someone trying to pair them w/ dark wash selvedge denim and workboots.

robat19

Reaction score
Anybody here want to recommend some brands for t-shirts (non graphic) that synergize well w/ 18E? I've tried SI and the neck hole is too... big and loose (words fail me today, have at it). I guess I prefer a tighter neck...hole (ffs) but want a boxy fit. I missed out on the Jamals. Don't love the material on Uniqlo U, it's a little too coarse, but I do like a heavier tee. I know there have been countless articles written on the matter but they are generally from the perspective of someone trying to pair them w/ dark wash selvedge denim and workboots.
Have you tried the U Airsm or the boxy pocket tee? Neither as as coarse feeling as the regular U tees.

Lkeck3

Reaction score
I live in Lady White Co tees - Canoe Club does a create your own bundle

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

robat19

Reaction score
How do you size these? TTS or go up? I'm between an M and an L in 18E, though usually an L for pants and M for jackets if I'm TTS.
TTS for me for both of them. I’m a large in pretty much everything and they fit me slightly oversized as intended

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you’re looking for something on the cheaper side, I really like Muji tee’s. Similar price and weight to UU tees but I like the fabric more.

slimster

Reaction score
If you’re looking for something on the cheaper side, I really like Muji tee’s. Similar price and weight to UU tees but I like the fabric more.
Yep, exactly the same experience with UU and Muji. Benzak and 3sixteen are also good but more expensive of course. Lady White neckline is not tight enough for me, they’re good otherwise.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, exactly the same experience with UU and Muji. Benzak and 3sixteen are also good but more expensive of course. Lady White neckline is not tight enough for me, they’re good otherwise.
Not trying to hijack this thread too much but does Muji run small? Generic size chart pointing me towards an xl tee at 5'9" 170, 42R

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not trying to hijack this thread too much but does Muji run small? Generic size chart pointing me towards an xl tee at 5'9" 170, 42R
IME they fit pretty standard for the size, but I guess it depends on which model. The ones I got have a stitched V one the neckline like a vintage crew neck.

FYI- The large I have has a PtP of 24”

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
For reference, I just got the Jians TTS and I'm happy with the fit. I'm measuring ~16.5" across the waist and ~13" from the crotch seam across the thigh on a size M.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The everybody.world trash tee is what you're desribing. Boxy, heavyweight, soft, with a tighter collar.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I’d argue if you’re looking for an 18 East adjacent tee a tight neck isn’t it. Our crewnecks have always been on the more open side. That said, LA Apparel’s heavyweight tee is probably what you are looking for - heavy, boxy with a neck that I think is too tight but many people really, really like.

Mpls

Reaction score
YMC’s Triple Tee is also in that vein. (Edit: Not as heavyweight, I should add. But definitely boxy, with a longer sleeve, and a neck that’s not too tight not too wide.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads