• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

funkygroove

Reaction score
Did the eide get recut? The waist feels a lot smaller than the 2021 version. The legs feel shorter and baggier too.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has there ever been consideration to including the outseam measurement in the size charts? With different models and variances in rise and inseam it would be helpful in getting the length right when buying.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When in doubt, size up? I believe that’s always been the 18 East ethos.

I’m in between M and L. And large has always been just fine. Recently just exchanged a jacket for large. I feel like this takes care of all the sizing challenges. And with alteration tailors, isn’t it easier to take in the waist or slim the leg than letting out?

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Sam looks great there!

Do you have other pairs of the Jian’s (after the pattern changed)? If so how do these compare?

I do not, just a few pairs of the older single pleats but I think ideally I’d want a L here.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m in between M and L. And large has always been just fine. Recently just exchanged a jacket for large. I feel like this takes care of all the sizing challenges. And with alteration tailors, isn’t it easier to take in the waist or slim the leg than letting out?

Toasty are you still in Fremont? Got any recs for tailors? Years ago I used to go to the one behind the Raley's on Paseo Padre but the lady sold the business and the new owner sucked. Tried a couple other places and I didn't like them either.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Toasty are you still in Fremont? Got any recs for tailors? Years ago I used to go to the one behind the Raley's on Paseo Padre but the lady sold the business and the new owner sucked. Tried a couple other places and I didn't like them either.
Geety use to work at the shop before she left. She has her own spot on Mission now. I have tons of things I’ve been putting off to take to her for alterations. I’m in SF often now it seems so personally may check out the alteration tailors there too YMMV

I think Geety is fine for most simple things. I’d be very specific e.g. don’t press jacket, etc.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Geety use to work at the shop before she left. She has her own spot on Mission now. I have tons of things I’ve been putting off to take to her for alterations. I’m in SF often now it seems so personally may check out the alteration tailors there too YMMV

I think Geety is fine for most simple things. I’d be very specific e.g. don’t press jacket, etc.

Is Geety an Eastern European woman? Not sure if we're talking about the same person. Last time she altered my clothes was maybe 2013. The next time I went there (2015) I think it was owned by an Asian (Korean?) lady and she did not follow instructions

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Timbaland yeah Geety use to work at the shop by Raley’s, left before the store was sold to new owner, and opened her own place. I believe Geety did most of the alterations prior to opening her own shop and hiring others. She does the fitting and mark up now from my experience, and greets everyone at the front. Small parking lot FYI. Nice storefront though with three rooms I recall. It’s spacious. Just alterations, which I like. But I also haven’t gone in the last 3 years. Driving by time to time it doesn’t look like her studio changed.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did the eide get recut? The waist feels a lot smaller than the 2021 version. The legs feel shorter and baggier too.
A couple of us found the vanilla and blue to be off by by about a size. I exchanged L for XL. The XL are definitely closer to how L fit for previous versions but slightly larger. I haven’t tried the hot wash and dry yet.

FreshSalmon

Reaction score
A few shots of the Jian and Sam in a medium which is my standard size. I think I’m going to give the L’s a shot.

Nice - wish i could try these on in person. debating between L or XL but I'm in Canada so I dont want to get fleeced on the imports. Guess i will wait it out till I go to NYC.

nineohtoo

Reaction score
Anyone have these Vetti pants?

I'm curious how they fit, they remind me of a favorite pair of denim EG Norwegian pants I've had for years, but look to be wide enough to fit over chunkier shoes or sneakers (these fit like a normal straight jean with a looser top block). I'm assuming I'm a small, normally wear 28-30 pants, but I can't imagine there being a dramatic difference between the medium based off the measurements.

lemonpotty

Reaction score
Got the Jian/Sam set. The waist size on the Jian is perfect but the top block is a bit narrow for me. Unfortunately don't think I'll be able to size up with the higher rise.

Can we expect something like the Jamal tees to enter the permanent collection in the future?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads