• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
How heavy is the fabric on the Brunner shirt? More Spring/Fall or closer to Winter weight?

danneskjold

Reaction score
Got the Black Sam and the Black Jian single pleats from the latest drop.

Black Sam is excellent. Almost like a super lowkey trucker that doesn't make the statement a trucker does.

Black Jians...I've been wearing the Diamondweave single pleats and the Jian coyote ripstop single pleats for awhile, both XL. These black ones I can barely button up, way tighter through the waist and thighs. Sucks too, I really like the rise on them. Going to be returning them and re-purchasing in XXL.

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Black Sam is excellent. Almost like a super lowkey trucker that doesn't make the statement a trucker does.

Black Jians...I've been wearing the Diamondweave single pleats and the Jian coyote ripstop single pleats for awhile, both XL. These black ones I can barely button up, way tighter through the waist and thighs. Sucks too, I really like the rise on them. Going to be returning them and re-purchasing in XXL.

How do both pieces compare to the measurements on the size chart?

I'm considering sizing up for the Sam because the measurements for the sleeve + shoulder seem like it'll be too short.

For the single pleats, I wouldn't mind a tighter waist but it'll depend on how much they differ from the size chart.

Last edited:

icasio

Supporting Member
Reaction score

If anyone gets around to it, would love to see fit pics of the black or green Sam.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That sucks to hear, but I appreciate the heads up! Any chance you could take measurements and see how they stack up to the chart before sending out?

AW84

Reaction score

Thanks sharing this. I have the coyote ones and love them but they fit a bit smaller on me than an 18E XL usually does. I was thinking about getting the black ones so I’ll definitely size up on those.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Jian’s should be pretty close to measurments - I had Nam do the full size run again before the drop because customers had called out that they had gotten smaller the last time we ran them. That said, there will always be +/- tolerance. These run roughly 1 size smaller than they used to, but previously they ran 1 size big. A medium should have always fit a 32 waist here.

GerhartCss

Reaction score
Question about the Winhall shirt. I see the tag says warm iron if needed. Does that mean the plastic snaps can handle a warm iron? Not the buttons, but the actual snaps for all of the pockets.
I’d like to get out some of the packaging wrinkles, but wanted to double check first.

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question about the Winhall shirt. I see the tag says warm iron if needed. Does that mean the plastic snaps can handle a warm iron? Not the buttons, but the actual snaps for all of the pockets.
I’d like to get out some of the packaging wrinkles, but wanted to double check first.
I don't usually iron buttons/snaps. It should be fine as long as you're not leaving the iron on the snaps for very long

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rather than ironing, giving it a quick rinse and dry (hang or drier) that would get rid of the lines from being packaged, and help it get that lived-in feel.

Last edited:

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few shots of the Jian and Sam in a medium which is my standard size. I think I’m going to give the L’s a shot.

A7D89370-2856-4607-9F8D-1EE08E806525.jpeg

011DEFAB-F9CE-42DF-B594-E57B1D1D8807.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads