• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Anyone else with the green rugby from the Dec 16th drop have a problem with the green dye running all over? The collar and natural stripe are definitely green now. I washed it on cold once, then last night ran it through a few more times and it just got worse each time. It doesn't show up well in photos, but when I got it, the collars of those two shirts in the second photo were the same color. Really bummed, because it's a sick shirt overall. View attachment 1741813 View attachment 1741814

I've only cold washed and hang dried it once and the green definitely bled. I was hoping it was done bleeding but you're saying it kept happening with more washes? That's a bummer.

Reaction score
F378C6EE-0A72-4C15-82EA-2C2169E99A77.jpeg
A36924A1-D875-412F-AFAE-4073F5C57A2D.jpeg

I've only cold washed and hang dried it once and the green definitely bled. I was hoping it was done bleeding but you're saying it kept happening with more washes? That's a bummer.

yeah, I washed it once with soap and hang dried it, the images in this post are right after that. then last night I washed it with soap twice and ran it through the rinse cycle 5-6 times to see if the green would come out of the color and natural stripe. unfortunately it didn't.

omg i just put it into the machine with a bunch of other things.......****.
the first time I washed it was with other stuff, the only thing that had an issue was a white cloth napkin, everything else was fine somehow.

jaaz16

Reaction score
Oh yeah forgot to mention, I also stupidly put it in the wash with other clothes. Some crappy yellow tees that I mostly sleep in definitely got green streaks but other things seemed ok (I wash lights/whites separate).

jaaz16

Reaction score
View attachment 1741826 View attachment 1741827

yeah, I washed it once with soap and hang dried it, the images in this post are right after that. then last night I washed it with soap twice and ran it through the rinse cycle 5-6 times to see if the green would come out of the color and natural stripe. unfortunately it didn't.

the first time I washed it was with other stuff, the only thing that had an issue was a white cloth napkin, everything else was fine somehow.

That doesn’t look too bad. Here’s mine (chair fabric sort of messes with the color, my bad):

49BE6AE6-90BA-49C5-AF84-D72A9B3C5258.jpeg
619C6401-E72D-4E0A-8A2E-C6C76AE03E2A.jpeg
Collar got bled on a little on the inside but the outside is white enough for me. I honestly don’t mind the bleeding/fading as I somehow got unlucky again and got an extra little dye splotch right in front, just like the last rugby! Doesn’t bother me like it did the last time though, and more bleeding around the edges makes it look less of a big deal when I actually wear it.

Reaction score
Yours doesn't look too bad at all! I might try to soak the collar in some oxidizer, if I can get the collar to be white again I'll be fine with the rest

Wiggsmo

Reaction score
If anyone has one of those rugbys in an XL I’d be happy to buy it off ya, I like the way the bleeding looks tbh.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one of my tank tops got bled on a bit but I think I'll survive. the shirt also bled into the natural portions a touch.

shortlefty

Reaction score
That doesn’t look too bad. Here’s mine (chair fabric sort of messes with the color, my bad):

View attachment 1741842
View attachment 1741843
Collar got bled on a little on the inside but the outside is white enough for me. I honestly don’t mind the bleeding/fading as I somehow got unlucky again and got an extra little dye splotch right in front, just like the last rugby! Doesn’t bother me like it did the last time though, and more bleeding around the edges makes it look less of a big deal when I actually wear it.

Anyone know if it's just this specific dye or should we generally be concerned on similar items going forward?

Mpls

Reaction score
I’ve had good results with the professional textile detergent from Dharma Trading Co. It’s close to neutral pH, designed for locking in dyes after tie-dying while helping keep lighter parts light. After I used it with the Richmond overdyes, it locked in the indigo beautifully without any bleed in subsequent washes. Ymmv, but in general I’d look for something specifically designed for garment dyed fabrics for pieces like these.

Reaction score
I’ve had good results with the professional textile detergent from Dharma Trading Co. It’s close to neutral pH, designed for locking in dyes after tie-dying while helping keep lighter parts light. After I used it with the Richmond overdyes, it locked in the indigo beautifully without any bleed in subsequent washes. Ymmv, but in general I’d look for something specifically designed for garment dyed fabrics for pieces like these.
great call, just ordered some. I am soaking the white collar in some Branch Basics right now, hopefully it whitens it most of the way

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@NickPollica is this

A86D8ED7-3533-4C63-A16F-434D7DDE12BF.jpeg

the same fabric and color as those fleece tops / pants combos from a few years ago?

1AC299AE-46FE-48C7-BCAA-C5FA6E35E2EC.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads