• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reginald Bartholomew

Reaction score
The idea of sizing down in Goreckis makes my head spin, particularly if you are machine hot wash/tumble drying them on high, which they are absolutely designed for. I have a 33” waist and wear an XXL in the goreckis due to shrinkage (our XXLs fit approximately the same as size L Rothcos).

You obviously know your wardrobe better than me, but the intention of this particular style is to look like a full, milspec cargo.

I mean, I'm pretty slim, so it's not as wild as it sounds. They fit in well beside full cut fatigues and milsurp (the non slim Orslow fatigues, Stan Ray loose fit, British Army 80s era surplus fatigues, 3sixteen fatigues, Royal Navy jungle cargos). They do not look slim or anything, for sure, and the thighs are fuller than most of that list. Inseam is a touch shorter, but I prefer that.

stevenkmason

Reaction score
I hear that, we just have no plans to make any more size S than we currently do for reasons that are pretty well documented on this site. Slowest size to turn and exponentially highest return rate.

Can we get more XXL then? They seem to always sell out. I remember mention of XXXL too which would be ideal for me but beggars can’t be choosers.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Trolling.

B3708B6E-398C-4A0F-B8D4-44F729E9FA05.png
46049EA9-88C0-4B59-A537-18610EB83F88.png

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2A1E218F-7A99-40B4-8ADD-7333302A9870.jpeg

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to say, it's still bananas to me that the baby cord stuff isn't purple. haha. like I have the trek pants, and I have to look at them almost like a magic eye print to see the indigo and stop seeing the purp.

shortlefty

Reaction score
Anyone experience shrinkage in their standard issue thermals? Seems mine went a size down after a wash and dry on low/med

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone experience shrinkage in their standard issue thermals? Seems mine went a size down after a wash and dry on low/med
I found they do shrink a little, but then stretch out pretty quick once you wear it again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads