• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tennessee

Reaction score
Is this a shot at LC King aka Pointer Brand? I recall some mention of a collab falling through in the past. And the pants look awfully similar to their carpenter jeans.

5FD672B7-FE19-4FEC-B32A-4D3D95908A66.jpeg
3246F265-0D20-4C6D-8C14-486B2B92AB29.jpeg

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this a shot at LC King aka Pointer Brand? I recall some mention of a collab falling through in the past. And the pants look awfully similar to their carpenter jeans.

View attachment 1671343 View attachment 1671344

Still figuring out just how big this collaboration will be, but at the very least it will be a reissue of the Pointer Brand carpenter jeans I skated in every day from ages 16-22. Made in Bristol, TN by the original manufacturer LC King.

Just to explain the Costello Courthouse was like Burlington, VT's Love Park. I spent an insane amount of time there, skating in these jeans. They're impossible to find in sizes smaller than a 40 waist now as the owner has pivoted away from Pointer Brand to focus on LC King, with new slimmer fits, etc.

Samir

Reaction score
There's a long, slightly sad story about this jacket and how it came to be. We won't get too far into it other than to say that respect is a two way street. We tried our best to make this in America and failed. On a positive tip, if we had, we wouldn't have been able to run it in this legendary undyed, unprocessed, handwoven cotton. Eric Idle was onto something.

Proudly made in India, not Tennessee.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People who washed their tan Sam jacket, y'all were doing cold wash and air dry to get some shrinkage (with maybe a quick 10-20 mins in the dryer on low heat to finish it off)?

Gonna give mine a wash today.
I washed it cold and dried it on the line in the sun. I didn’t want to loose any length on mine, which I don’t think I did. The shape is definitely softer now though, more like a cardigan.

jaaz16

Reaction score
What Malc said. I didn’t get much shrinkage in length, maybe a welcomed touch in the arms, but the way I’d describe it is that it it’s much more TTS than before.

barongrim

Reaction score
I washed it cold and dried it on the line in the sun. I didn’t want to loose any length on mine, which I don’t think I did. The shape is definitely softer now though, more like a cardigan.
What Malc said. I didn’t get much shrinkage in length, maybe a welcomed touch in the arms, but the way I’d describe it is that it it’s much more TTS than before.

Awesome, ty guys

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine became crazy dry and scratchy after a cold wash and hang dry. Major regrets there ?

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s the word on sizing for Richmond cargos? Normal alpha size or Gorecki sizing (ie up 1)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads