• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

karmaguy

Reaction score
Sorry to be that guy but can I get some advice on sizing the black linen Sam jacket? I’m 5’8, 140lbs and have a feeling I should grab the L but…maybe the M?

Symphony

Reaction score
Sorry to be that guy but can I get some advice on sizing the black linen Sam jacket? I’m 5’8, 140lbs and have a feeling I should grab the L but…maybe the M?

did you check the measurements on the garment page?

karmaguy

Reaction score
did you check the measurements on the garment page?

yeahhh but based on that seems like…XS? Which seems wrong considering intended fit + the model being 6’ and 30” waist wearing an XL. Figured I’d throw a message in here with hopes that someone with roughly my measurements could chime in (hopefully without detailing other convos people are having about the brand)

Symphony

Reaction score
yeahhh but based on that seems like…XS? Which seems wrong considering intended fit + the model being 6’ and 30” waist wearing an XL. Figured I’d throw a message in here with hopes that someone with roughly my measurements could chime in (hopefully without detailing other convos people are having about the brand)

hmmm...well I think my Sam is arriving tomorrow and I went 1 size up so I’ll let ya know!

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel that Sam sizing should be based on the length and not the width. It’s a loose flowy shirt so an extra inch or two in width is just part of the look.

Personally I’d go one up from my standard 18E shirt size to get the length I want. I know this is pretty much the standard answer to 18E sizing Q’s though.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm 5'9" 135, got the S in the original version and it's great. Seems like the wide cropped fit as intended. I think the silhouette has been changed though. I think it is intended to be cropped but maybe recent versions not as much. I don't think you can go wrong with either the M or L, but L seems like it'll be extra wide or slouchy. If you like that then maybe that's okay. I'd look more at the chest and arm length than the length.

jaaz16

Reaction score
I'm 5'9" 135, got the S in the original version and it's great. Seems like the wide cropped fit as intended. I think the silhouette has been changed though. I think it is intended to be cropped but maybe recent versions not as much. I don't think you can go wrong with either the M or L, but L seems like it'll be extra wide or slouchy. If you like that then maybe that's okay. I'd look more at the chest and arm length than the length.

I have like 30-45 pounds on you guys and am swimming in the L (in a good way). M will be big, but good, for you @karmaguy I think. Maybe S like @dalevy but just know it will be cropped by design and drapes well even if it’s wide.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@NickPollica Any updates on the rugby? Any news is good news. Super excited. Thanks!
Also wondering

You guys probably just got the email too but due to a Covid delay at the block printers the ETA is first or second week of August. They sent a 15% refund on the rugby as an apology, which is pretty nice of them, considering it’s out of their control.

Kinda a bummer though as I ordered the Rugby, SS Pionta and hat in one order, so my other stuff has been sitting there waiting for a while. Sounds like I won't get the SS Pionta until maybe the start of September (shipping to Canada) which isn't really short-sleeve weather anymore. What can ya do though, Covid f@ck$ up everything...

Last edited:

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I happen to be wearing it today. Size S. I think the ones nowadays are longer but I like Antonio’s original design for this.
68271F84-380B-4B4A-A2B4-1674CD893CD7.jpeg

Marco Storari

Reaction score
Did anyone receive their Topo Roots crewneck? Shockingly, the quality is rele bad

The tag from the blank they printed on it like half ripped off too

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads