• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten their navy gorecki’s or the rugby for 2 drops ago? Going through my emails and realized my order is still outstanding..

okaysee

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten their navy gorecki’s or the rugby for 2 drops ago? Going through my emails and realized my order is still outstanding..

Just ordered the goreckis and they arrived about a month ago. Seeing the sam shirts rolling in, my guess is the rugbys are in transit?

Reactions: kjb

jaaz16

Reaction score
Yeah @kjb I wonder if your order is coming all together. I ended up going back for more, so all my pieces were technically individual orders, and I got the goreckis a while back but no word on the rugby.

Symphony

Reaction score

I’m still waiting on the rugby

platinumtooth

Reaction score
**** this is wild, I didn't even realize people got those goreckis. Not me yet.

(also I had to reacquaint myself with what I ordered, lol-I just got RE-EXCITED!! My body is ready.)

maestrochef

Reaction score
Haven't copped anything since the V2 double knees, because I've been trying to slow down my purchases. I did just buy the black linen twill set (sam shirt jacket + shelter shorts) though, since it was too good to pass up. Was super happy to see that they were both still available, especially in XL. Would love to eventually see some black linen twill Jian single pleats as well.

jaaz16

Reaction score
18 East featured in this Rachel Tashjian piece - https://www.gq.com/story/the-new-american-sportswear

I had a hard time seeing the commonalities she argues these brands all share. In fact the differences, particularly in terms of pricing strategy and distribution, were far more striking than any shared feature. I mean, Antonio is quoted as saying what he always says, which is that he failed at doing the wholesale thing so now he doesn't; he keeps his clothes as inexpensive as possible; and wants to make clothes people actually use (like to go hiking or skate or whatever). Compare to most of the other brands that you can buy at Mr. Porter, and Rhuigi Villaseñor who is quoted as saying his brand vision is a "new luxury" that is both costly and rare.

The only commonality I could really put my finger on was 90s/classic American sportswear, reimagined--10 cool brands that cool people wear*, all influenced in one way or another by Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, J. Crew, and so on. But the way they are reimagining or inspired by those classics they grew up on is....quite varied.

*I am very much not one of those cool people, to be clear

I_Adler

Reaction score
I had a hard time seeing the commonalities she argues these brands all share. In fact the differences, particularly in terms of pricing strategy and distribution, were far more striking than any shared feature. I mean, Antonio is quoted as saying what he always says, which is that he failed at doing the wholesale thing so now he doesn't; he keeps his clothes as inexpensive as possible; and wants to make clothes people actually use (like to go hiking or skate or whatever). Compare to most of the other brands that you can buy at Mr. Porter, and Rhuigi Villaseñor who is quoted as saying his brand vision is a "new luxury" that is both costly and rare.

The only commonality I could really put my finger on was 90s/classic American sportswear, reimagined--10 cool brands that cool people wear*, all influenced in one way or another by Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, J. Crew, and so on. But the way they are reimagining or inspired by those classics they grew up on is....quite varied.

*I am very much not one of those cool people, to be clear

agree. Just a strange combination of brands with vastly different price points & accessibility/consumers/business strategy.

a fear of god tee costs more than the 18east jungle jacket for gods sake.

maestrochef

Reaction score
@NickPollica any idea when this printed camp shirt is gonna drop? Been thinking about it ever since you teased it. Also is there still a planned black Gorecki restock coming?
198D08D0-2B2F-483F-AD2C-DD133B98512F.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads