• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone washed the Benji sweatshirt? Can it be machine washed?

Yeah I have. Turned it inside out and put it in a washer bag just to avoid pulls and such from my top load washer. Laid flat to dry. No issues.

single origin

Reaction score
Yeah I have. Turned it inside out and put it in a washer bag just to avoid pulls and such from my top load washer. Laid flat to dry. No issues.
Thank you, I was worried about it pilling in wash. Washer bag is a good idea.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you, I was worried about it pilling in wash. Washer bag is a good idea.
Embrace the pilling.
Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 3.57.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 3.57.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 3.58.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 3.58.11 PM.png

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the organic Sherpa fleece really pill since it’s a Sherpa texture already? Most of the time it’s the smoother textures that pill (like the Gonia example above)

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does the organic Sherpa fleece really pill since it’s a Sherpa texture already? Most of the time it’s the smoother textures that pill (like the Gonia example above)

the inside pills, which is where the shedding comes from. This doesn’t mean much for the Benji, since the pile side faces out. That said we have some reversible pieces coming this spring in the same quality and the photos above were the reference. What I really like about this fleece quality is that it looks like a 40 year old patagonia bunting piece right out of the box.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the inside pills, which is where the shedding comes from. This doesn’t mean much for the Benji, since the pile side faces out. That said we have some reversible pieces coming this spring in the same quality and the photos above were the reference. What I really like about this fleece quality is that it looks like a 40 year old patagonia bunting piece right out of the box.
The reversible fleeces sound promising!

I really like the idea and inclusion of reversible pieces as it's something you don't see from many designers. I'm sure designing reversible pieces would bring its own unique challenges though. Is this going to be a focus going forward?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The reversible fleeces sound promising!

I really like the idea and inclusion of reversible pieces as it's something you don't see from many designers. I'm sure designing reversible pieces would bring its own unique challenges though. Is this going to be a focus going forward?

I think it’s fair to say that reversible everything has been a significant part of the brand thus far. Always like the idea of making a style that has different ways it can be worn.

single origin

Reaction score
I think it’s fair to say that reversible everything has been a significant part of the brand thus far. Always like the idea of making a style that has different ways it can be worn.

Will you continue to use cotton sherpa? I didn't even know its possible to get that texture without any poly.

AceVent

Reaction score
Does anyone actually have the Aime Leon Dore x Timberland 3 Eyes that can comment on the fit? I just got sent the wrong size so I'm now on the hunt for a pair again. I normally buy the standard Timberland 3 Eye in my true size 10

platinumtooth

Reaction score
Does anyone actually have the Aime Leon Dore x Timberland 3 Eyes that can comment on the fit? I just got sent the wrong size so I'm now on the hunt for a pair again. I normally buy the standard Timberland 3 Eye in my true size 10

Click one page back, couple people have them and commented on fit

AceVent

Reaction score
Click one page back, couple people have them and commented on fit
That's kind of where I'm having an issue because I'm seeing full size down for some people and half size down for others, I can't seem to find any clear answers even in the ALD forums. I wear socks with them too if that's any further guidance for a sizing opinion. I pretty much buy every shoe I wear in a true 10

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How'd you get the wrong size? Did you buy off Mr Porter and they did the wrong conversion (they list in UK sizing)? Most sizes still available there.

You bought the 9 and it was too small for your size 10 feet?

AceVent

Reaction score
How'd you get the wrong size? Did you buy off Mr Porter and they did the wrong conversion (they list in UK sizing)? Most sizes still available there.

You bought the 9 and it was too small for your size 10 feet?
Yeah exactly that, bought off Mr. Porter and they messed up their sizing chart. I wanted a 9 but got sent an 8.5 and want to make sure the sizing is right to avoid returning back 2 pairs

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads