• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
18E does not even get resold for profit, and almost anyone who tries to do so ends up just holding product. I’ve seen countless listings for items that were posted for a high markup that never sold. A real resell markup isn’t there. Anyone that actually wanted these Housing Market pieces could’ve had them, since they were on the site sitting for more then a year. I’ve taken $80 losses on items I’ve bought that I couldn’t even get retail back for. So, again, complaining that someone got a $50 profit on a item that no one wanted to pay retail for in the first place, when a charity ended up benefiting the most, just seems like a holyer then thou approach.

unless someone is botting the site on drop days to cop 10 of each piece to flip, then I don’t see the problem here.

My main issue with it is my possibly naive hope that random people who shop at Housing Works could be finding and rocking some really wild fleece pieces from a brand they've never heard of and probably would/could not have paid retail for. That just seems like a more fun/equitible endgame for unsold stock than just reselling among the core/existing fanbase. Oh well!

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys enough with the talk about reselling. I'm guilty of it as well though in the BST thread. There's been several debates on it before.

I posted this earlier, I don't like reselling either but what this guy did wasn't that bad. He bought the stuff before Antonio posted the link last night, it's been on eBay for at least a couple days. He could have easily bought out the entire stock and sold it at a mark up online but he didn't. There was good availability of the fleeces and the red tee when Antonio posted. I almost sized up and bought the red fleece vest but decided not to. Kinda regret not buying it to lounge around at the house now

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My main issue with it is my possibly naive hope that random people who shop at Housing Works could be finding and rocking some really wild fleece pieces from a brand they've never heard of and probably would/could not have paid retail for. That just seems like a more fun/equitible endgame for unsold stock than just reselling among the core/existing fanbase. Oh well!

I don’t know if they split stock between online and in store but we had an absolute TON of fleece that we donated. My initial understanding was that they were going to spread it out so I think what you were hoping for will likely happen.

XXghostfaceXX

Reaction score
I don't usually rock the full kit but this was perfect for the cold wet weather today.
IMG_0076.jpg

Simulacra

Reaction score
Shamelessly promoting myself in hopes of getting a sponsorship deal to continue hiking Sinai's Saint Catherine's mountains in customized 18 East gear :)

We spent a few days with members of the Jebaleya tribe in Saint Catherine, hiking some of their well known mountains (we did 5 summits and failed at the 6th). There are thousands of mountains in the area, and each mountain has a history, and sometimes, a story to the tribe.

Loved this jacket's light weight and spacious pockets (could leave my backpack at the bottom of the mountain and carry water and snacks in the jacket alone to get to the summit). The guide was really excited about the print and the material. We unfortunately had a heat wave hit us so I couldn't continue hiking in it and had to shed some layers.

Fun fact about the jacket, I ordered this jacket in February 2020 and was trying to coordinate bringing it to Cairo, Egypt. The jacket changed hands over 4 times across 3 countries before I received it in October 2020. I must say its really well-traveled before I even started wearing it and I plan to really max out its geographic footprint.

Attachments

• IMG-20210313-WA0054.jpg
    IMG-20210313-WA0054.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG-20210313-WA0078.jpg
    IMG-20210313-WA0078.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG-20210313-WA0079.jpg
    IMG-20210313-WA0079.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG-20210313-WA0097.jpg
    IMG-20210313-WA0097.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20210309_125130.jpg
    IMG_20210309_125130.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20210309_142041.jpg
    IMG_20210309_142041.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20210310_113957.jpg
    IMG_20210310_113957.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG-20210313-WA0122.jpg
    IMG-20210313-WA0122.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 70

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shamelessly promoting myself in hopes of getting a sponsorship deal to continue hiking Sinai's Saint Catherine's mountains in customized 18 East gear :)

We spent a few days with members of the Jebaleya tribe in Saint Catherine, hiking some of their well known mountains (we did 5 summits and failed at the 6th). There are thousands of mountains in the area, and each mountain has a history, and sometimes, a story to the tribe.

Loved this jacket's light weight and spacious pockets (could leave my backpack at the bottom of the mountain and carry water and snacks in the jacket alone to get to the summit). The guide was really excited about the print and the material. We unfortunately had a heat wave hit us so I couldn't continue hiking in it and had to shed some layers.

Fun fact about the jacket, I ordered this jacket in February 2020 and was trying to coordinate bringing it to Cairo, Egypt. The jacket changed hands over 4 times across 3 countries before I received it in October 2020. I must say its really well-traveled before I even started wearing it and I plan to really max out its geographic footprint.

Looks stunning!!

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't usually rock the full kit but this was perfect for the cold wet weather today. View attachment 1577314
Something feels very incongruent with this fit, the pants are so wide and then tied down so tight that the juxtaposition against the skate shoes looks off. Maybe some bigger shoes like some timbs or something would help the fit be a bit more congruent

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Something feels very incongruent with this fit, the pants are so wide and then tied down so tight that the juxtaposition against the skate shoes looks off. Maybe some bigger shoes like some timbs or something would help the fit be a bit more congruent

Not to get technical, but those are reebok approach shoes - they have nothing to do with skateboarding.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to get technical, but those are reebok approach shoes - they have nothing to do with skateboarding.
Sorry, but you get what I’m saying. I think a chunky shoe would work great here or maybe something not at “technical” due to the use of the tweed

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics and/or reflections upon the most recent (nylon taslan) versions of the Keating? Are the hip pockets big and sturdy? Interested in this piece, but haven’t noticed much feedback on it.

Jonas251

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics and/or reflections upon the most recent (nylon taslan) versions of the Keating? Are the hip pockets big and sturdy? Interested in this piece, but haven’t noticed much feedback on it.

I have one in the green color. The pockets aren’t huge they are pretty standard I guess. I definitely have not noticed them being small. Mine is a size up and I wear it like a jacket. Cool lightweight piece, not heavily insulated. My only issue with it is the buttons are kind of a pain (a bit of a struggle to fasten) but not anything that would make me think twice about getting/wearing it

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The cut and fit are very similar if not the same to the Molloy version and I'd agree with @Jonas251 it's lightly insulated (slightly less than I had hoped) but it does make a really great layering piece over a hoody for colder, drizzly early Spring days. I actually really like how solid the buttons are and the color is great IMO.

platinumtooth

Reaction score
RE: Keating

Thought I looked like a booger but the barista said she "liked my color story" so I dunno.

Keating is one of my favorite things; I like that it's unique. Not much else out there like this and that is what I love about 18E stuff. Oversized like an RL Big Shirt, love the big buttons too. Note that I size DOWN on this (usual L, I have an M). It's still oversized on my 68 inches of existence. Light padding, perfect 3 season jacket/4 if you layer!

IMG_7137.jpg
IMG_7163.jpg

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RE: Keating

Thought I looked like a booger but the barista said she "liked my color story" so I dunno.

Keating is one of my favorite things; I like that it's unique. Not much else out there like this and that is what I love about 18E stuff. Oversized like an RL Big Shirt, love the big buttons too. Note that I size DOWN on this (usual L, I have an M). It's still oversized on my 68 inches of existence. Light padding, perfect 3 season jacket/4 if you layer!

View attachment 1578502 View attachment 1578503
Dem ALD's ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics